Infrastructure Team Lead
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Kanita Tippayajan
Date posted 05 December 2018 2018-12-052019-02-03 it 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A new Infrastructure Team Lead job has just become available at one of the top technology companies based in Bangkok. This role will report directly to local Chief Information Officer and be responsible for the system engineer team which manages application/database servers, Active Directory, network, telephony contact centre and other main infrastructure services. The scope includes both internal infrastructure and the integration part with external partners.
About Infrastructure Team Lead Role:
In this role, you will lead the team to communicate, plan and implement infrastructure migration and other strategic changes to comply with the company's global strategy. You will also work as the team leader to ensure changes are well analysed and do not have negative impact on the business and its operations.
- Monitor and manage local infrastructure service level
- Ensure that local infrastructure is maintained in line with internal standards and best practice
- Identify infrastructure issues / risks and develop remediation plan
- Actively participate in the change control process with global and local teams, identifying potential risk
- Monitor and coordinate internal / external IT infrastructure services partners
- Contribute to business projects requiring local infrastructure new set-up or changes
- Support global teams for local projects required as part of IT transformation programs
- Ensure on-time delivery of work, including monitoring of external and internal dependencies, tracking of progress, and monitoring of project milestone accomplishments
- Oversee the technical quality of projects and perform root cause analysis for technical problems
- Establish team priorities and assign work to team members
- Manage the team to meet targets by monitoring team progress towards metric targets and actively participate in continuous improvement-related initiatives
- Ensure necessary communication and key messages are delivered to relevant teams in a timely manner; address any performance or team issues
- Develop and maintain effective documentation of all processes, procedures and work instructions
- Maintain constructive relationships within and outside the team
- Promote the professional development of team personnel
- Be the point of escalation in case of issues / incidents related to local infrastructure
To succeed in this Infrastructure Team Lead role, you will need to be able to manage day-to-day IT infrastructure in line with internal standards and processes. You will need to be capable of leading IT infrastructure local projects (infrastructure refresh, IT transformation, etc.) and contributing to business projects that will require some IT infrastructure set-up.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a previous experience in a leadership role
- Great technical and analytical skills
- Organisational lines, including administrative, executive staff and users
- Strong technical background and experience in several of the domains below:
- Network, firewall, proxy, vpn, dhcp, dns, switch, lan, wan
- Server (Windows and Linux)
- Webserver technology (IIS and Apache)
- Telephony (eg Avaya)
- Email (eg Exchange server)
- Active directory
- First experience in IT project management
- Ability to host and manage call/meetings with multiple parties both in Thai and English due to the nature of the business
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and productively with teams
- Good skills in conflict management, problem-solving, coordination and communication
- Proven team management skills
- Strong Leadership skills, able to maintain a positive attitude and proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong accountability and customer-oriented mindset
This international technology firm is well known for its rapid growth in term of revenue and innovation. The company is full of IT professionals working in a multicultural, refreshing and innovative environment to develop new products and services for the company. The company has opportunities for on-the-job training and professional development to fully support their employees in their career paths.
If you are an ambitious IT professional seeking an opportunity to be part of a company that offers invaluable work experience in a diverse and multinational environment, this Infrastructure Team Lead role will be a great role for you.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.