IT Infrastructure Manager
Salary Attractive Salary
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Kanita Tippayajan
Date posted 01 August 2018 2018-08-012018-09-30 insurance 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting new IT Infrastructure Manager job opportunity has been made available at an insurance company in Thailand.
About the IT Infrastructure Manager Role:
The IT Server and Network Manager reports to the Infrastructure and Operation Manager and takes ownership in ensuring the overall support, design, maintenance and lead of all aspects of server, network and security equipment. This position works together with IT server/network administrators to manage the overall uptime on assigned environment.
- Leading a team of three+ server and network members (including technical hands on)
- Manages and ensures the uptime and maintenance of server environment, network switching infrastructure, Wireless, VoIP, WAN Optimizer, backup solution, Email service and security devices (e.g. Firewall, IPS, monitoring)
- Maintain inventory of network/security/server equipment and hardware/software warranties
- Coordinate complex network and security changes and requests with teams
- Lead all IT initiatives, assigned projects and budgeting
- Checking logs and monitoring tools for real-time reporting and actions
- Analyse and prioritise problems as they arise
- Identify reoccurring and potential problems, recommending and implementing process/controls and documents for prevention
- Support both external/internal auditors/securities starting from information gathering to improvement implementations
- Engaging with key stakeholders in both IT and business department for designing and supporting solution/configuration of on-going projects, business and operation requirements
- Monitoring system and proactively identify actions to sustain and improve the IT service to support business growth
- Collaborating with external vendors for implementing and resolving issues in assigned areas
- Prepare the annual IT Budget and manage responsible budget cost effectively
To be successful in the role of the IT Infrastructure Manager you need to be a service-oriented team player that embraces both strategy and vision while providing high-level technical expertise, support and leadership to team members.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering / computer or related field
- Six+ years experience in support, maintain, configure and install network/security equipment for medium to large organisation
- Able to design complex network, impact analysis (including Proof of Concept), project management
- Experience in managing both server’s hardware and software environment
- Require strong technical, analytical, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision and direction
- Able to work under pressure and result-oriented
- Good interpersonal communication, high responsibility, enthusiastic to explore new technologies
- Excellent service mind and good customer service skill
- Good command of spoken and written Thai and English to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved that will speak and read in the languages
- Experience in network equipment e.g. switch, routers, WAN optimizer, proxy, WiFi controller, VoIP
- Experience in network security equipment such as IPS, Firewall, Advance Threat Prevention, network vulnerabilities scanner, SOC
- Experience in Palo Alto, Bluecoat, Juniper, CISCO
- Experience in managing AS400, Unix, Nutanix and Office 365, is plus
This company has been recognised as the first class insurer in the Thai market under business collaboration with the oldest strong financial non-life insurance company in Japan. The company has gained full support in every field of operation and technique from Japan which has resulted in stronger financial stability and higher performance. The company aims to provide various products with first class service to the esteemed customers and be responsible for Thai society in all activities for being the Most Trusted Insurance Company in Thailand.
If you are an active professional IT crew who is ambitious to become an IT Infrastructure Manager of a company that offers invaluable work experience in a first class company, then this is the role for you.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.