Middleware System Engineer
Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Kanita Tippayajan
Date posted 07 June 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A great opportunity for a system engineer specialising in Middleware has just become available at one of the most respected Non-Life insurance firm based in Bangkok. This is a job for a Middleware system engineer who is a leader in their field.
About Middleware System Engineer Role:
In this role you will be responsible for design and implement overall infrastructure focusing on Middleware and make sure that the solution is designed to meet business requirement. You will also need to support Middleware services and technical issues which require communication skills to serve user and understand requirement.
- Middleware Technology Administration such as Websphere, WAS, MQ and Tomcat
- Support relating to technical issues involving core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies such as Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, IIS, Active X, etc
- Support services for HP, IBM, Cisco and EMC2 related technologies including Server, Storage and services components
- Implement and maintain new system with High Availability concept and support for their disaster recovery solutions
- Implement and maintain Backup System with data backup and recovery using backup technology
- System resources and capacities planning including report and escalate following standard operation procedure
- Troubleshoot system resources and performance bottleneck for web applications
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations, also document internal processes/procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Work through a daily schedule that has been established through the dispatch process
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
- Troubleshooting complex incidents and problems associated to storage, backup, and recovery environments and related applications
To succeed in the Middleware System Engineer job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with IT teams and user across the company.
- Five to eight years relevant information technology infrastructure
- Three to five years of experience in Backup Administration, Middleware Administration or Websphere Application Server
- Interpersonal skills: telephone skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of in-depth technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organisation’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
This international firm needs no introduction and is recognised as one of the well-known companies in its field of expertise. With great clients and known for its corporate service, it has won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training its people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Middleware system engineers role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.