AS400 Second Level Support
Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Kanita Tippayajan
Date posted 30 April 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting AS400 Second Level Support job is available in one of the most successful global automotive solution companies based in Bangkok. Reporting directly to the Global NOC Manager, this is a chance for AS400 Support who wants to work in an international environment.
About the AS400 Second Level Support Role:
You will provide support for modular distribution solution (MDS) which is widely used within the automotive industry. You will be the primary escalation point in the team for internal and external customers for application,systems and network issue relating to IBM System i (AS400) and corresponding Windows environments relating to MDS operations.
- Excellent analysis and communication skills when liaising with dealers, clients and colleagues
- Prompt and accurate resolution of customer problems and questions in a professional manner
- Performing system checks to ensure processes have completed including follow ups with customers
- System i Operator/administration duties as required
- Involvement in Disaster Recovery planning and testing (performing and scheduling)
- Scheduling and Deploying System i Operating System Patches
- Manage/record/document incident and solution that happen
- Trouble shooting, IBM System i, Windows Servers, Distribution Applications, JWalk, WilComm and Cognos applications
- Action and resolve incidents within the service level agreements set by company
- Creating technical and user documentation including knowledge articles on specific issues
- Review and improve backup processes and procedure such as daily backup and save entire
- Support dealer and customer over the phones
- Provide appropriate application support when required
- Assisting colleagues as required to deliver incident resolutions in a timely manner
- Provide analysis for recurring issue and preparing report
- AS400 second level support need to be proactively work on building the level 1 team skill sets to increase efficiency
To be succeed in AS400 Second Level Support job, you will need to excellent communication skills and professional phone manner with service mind and ability to actively engage with customers over the phone and in person consistently representing the company and its values.
- Analytical skills to provide solutions within IBM System i and Windows Server environments
- Knowledge of hardware backup solutions consisting of Tape Drive, Tape Library and NAS solutions
- AS 400/IBM System I knowledge, competent comparable to a level 2 position
- Good command of the English language with corporate level spoken and written competency
- Take ownership of issues and responding to the customer in line with expectations of support
- Ability to collaborate and work with the local and International NOC teams to deliver solutions
- Communicate updates and progress on issues clearly to customers, setting expectations clearly
- Mentor/train customers, level 1 teams and colleagues to reduce escalations and increase efficiency
- Willingness and ability to travel is a must for this role, including face to face interaction with customers
- Reliable (with regards to attendance, communicating to management when sick and updating incidents)
- Excellent personal presentation
- Self-starter and motivated with the ability to motivate others
- Actively involved in self-improvement via education or industry associations
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Able to work under pressure, to remain calm and understanding in difficult situations
- Team player but must also be able to work autonomously
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours
- Acceptance of and adaptable to change and flexibility in work with the direction of the management team
This is a global company with its corporate headquarters in Australia. They are leading enterprise resource planning system supplier in the Asia Pacific region with high reputation in the automotive IT industry stems from vast industry experience, technological knowledge with years of continual product development.
If you are a talented AS400 Support with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.