Backend Engineer (Python)
Salary Provident Fund + Medical Insurance + Variable Bonus
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Rohimoh Chemae
Date posted 02 May 20192019-05-02 2019-07-01 financial-services Bangkok TH THB 100000 120000 120000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th
A leading online insurance firm has a job vacancy for a Backend Engineer (Python) (x1 vacancy) in Bangkok to to build technology stack to devliver leading edge digital solution accross Asia.
About the Backend Engineer (Python) role:
In this role, you will be leading the development team in Thailand and corporate with developers across Asia to build technology stack.
Salary range: THB 100k - THB 120k + OPD, IPD + Performance Bonus + provident fund.
- Speak with Finance companies to understand their APIs.
- Work with the rest of engineering team (India, Indonesia) to build the various insurance categories (travel, motor, term-life etc.)
- Help translate API documentation from Thai to English.
- Do API integration with insurance companies across onboarding, Issuance et al.
- Do API integration with other partner (channel partners, payment gateways etc.)
- Help us deliver leading edge digital solutions, working on the backend technology stack
- Write high-performance, scalable and extensible code for all elements of the backend stack
- Work within the parameters of the engineering design and the feature specs
- Innovate on the operationalisation of the design, and deliver the product as per specs
- Set up the code repository
- Enumerate best practices for code management like code reviews, unit tests, and practice what is preached
- Help set up developer productivity infrastructure including (but not limited to) automated testing and continuous integration
- As a part of the technology team, be responsible for the code shipping on time
- Stay on top of new technologies and adapt relevant ones for the team
To succeed in this role, you must have the ability to lead the team and be able to work cooperatively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess a deep understanding of at least one backend framework (django, flask etc.)
- Understand database schema design
- Have experience of working with caching systems like redis etc.
- Have experience working with SOA and preferable working knowledge of MS architecture
- Possess good experience of building web application development work flows
- Understand web application bottlenecks
- Understand the mechanics of report management and version control
- Have worked with one or more of the following technologies - Python
- Has experience of working in an agile and nimble environment
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Pleasant demeanour and team player
- Understand the complexities of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Can handle the complexities of working in a fast-changing and agile environment
- Possess a ‘customer-at-the-centre’ view towards building software
This company is much more than financial services or software and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Python Developer with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an online insurance leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551