Ruby on Rails developer
Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Rohimoh Chemae
Date posted 22 January 2019 2019-01-222019-03-23 financial-services Bangkok TH THB 60000 80000 80000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th
An exciting Back-end Developer - Ruby On Rails job has just become available at an innovative FinTech firm based in Bangkok. Reporting directly to the CTO, this is a role for an energetic personnel to work within a fast-paced FinTech startup environment.
About the Back-end Developer - Ruby On Rails Role:
Responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organisation and automisation
- create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
To succeed in this role, you must have experience with the Ruby On rails Technology.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages (such as Liquid, Slim, etc depending on your technology stack)
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors (such as Sass, based on project requirements)
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (GitHub)
- Familiarity with development aiding tools (such as Bower, Bundler, Rake, etc)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Must be resident in Thailand or the right to work in Thailand due to nature of job
The company is much more than a Fintech firm and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Back-end Developer - Ruby On rails job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551