Development Manager (VP)
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Rohimoh Chemae
Date posted 13 November 2018 2018-11-132019-01-12 banking 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting new expanding Head of Digital Transformation team - Development Manager (VP) job for an international bank has just become available in Thailand.
About the Development Manager (VP) Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Development Manager will play a key role in the development team's continued development and success in its businesses in the company.
- Making sure the software can be released along with the time-line in term of software development
- Recruit quality developer and maintain turnover rate
- Development team's KPI Monitoring and assessment
- Participate in software design
- Deliver software with quality Research and provide technical recommendation
- Participating in product development and clarify working scope with the other team members
- Mentor your staff along the reporting line
- Do knowledge sharing among the team from time to time
- Support production issue if it need
- Support in software delivery to production
- Participate in SaaS layer and integrate with PaaS layer
- Making sure team deliver required document for further knowledge sharing
- Coaching team for good development and testing practice
- Provide personal development plan to team member especially team leader
- Be the main contact person between development team and other stockholders in case the team leader is not available
- Decision making in technical development along with defined standard together with related stakeholder
- Taking care of 10-12 developers in one to three development teams
- Participate in development team strategy definition
- Research and recommend technical selection
- All other duties as assigned
To succeed in this role, you must be flexible, dynamic, team-oriented balanced, result-oriented, practical, pragmatic with comprehensive view and ability to multitask.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree
- More than 10 years' in programming languages
- Have three++ years in team management
- Have measurable achievement in team management or related working scope
- Understand Restful concept
- Understand MVC design pattern
- Have fundamental knowledge in relational database, NoSQL is advantage
- Have experience in unit testing and automate testing tool
- Understand intermediate concept of platform and software design thinking
- Can work under pressure
- Overtime working is available in some circumstances
- Open to learn new technology
- Good in English and Thai language communication to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved that will speak and read in the languages due to the nature of the business
- Good understanding in UML, ER, HLDS documents
This international bank needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you have a successful track record of software development, then this role is for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Development Manager (VP) role.
Apply today for this new opportunity.