Big Data Developer
Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Rohimoh Chemae
Date posted 17 August 2018 2018-08-172018-10-16 it 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting Big Data Developer role has just become available at one of the international IT consultancy firms based in Bangkok, Thailand.
About the Big Data Developer Role:
Due to excellent results and expansion plans, the Big Data Developer will play a key role in the development team and coordinate with business unit to drive successful delivery of digital projects for customers.
- Analyse, design, develop, test, document and troubleshoot big data programs from detailed and high level specifications
- Utilise HDFS, HIVE/Impala, Sqoop, Spark, Falcon, Atlas, Ambari, Ranger, Sentry, Python, Scala and other ETL tools optimised for big data (Talend, Informatica BDE, Ataccama) to source, ingest, manipulate, load and analyse data
- Assist in the requirements analysis and subsequent developments
- Conduct unit tests and assist in test preparations to ensure data integrity, data quality and program quality
- Work closely with designers, business analysts and other developers
- Liaise with project managers, quality assurance analysts and business intelligence consultants
- Design and implement technical enhancements of big data, data warehouse, business
- Intelligence solutions as required
To succeed in this role, you will need to have robust experience with all aspects of data management processes, including acquisition, integration and consumption of structured and unstructured data.
- Cloudera Navigator/Manager
- Two to four years of hands on experience providing technical solutions with utilsing big data tools are mandatory; this includes: HDFS, HIVE/Impala, Sqoop, Spark, Falcon, Atlas, Ambari, Ranger, Sentry, Python, Scala and other ETL tools optimised for big data (Talend, Informatica BDE, Ataccama)
- Two to four years of experience working with tools used to integrate data including concepts such as joins, lookups, filters, transformations, de-normalisation and aggregations
- Two to four years of experience with data governance practices and techniques, including knowledge of Operational Metadata, Business Metadata, Technical Metadata (specifically with lineage) and Data Retention
- Experience with utilising tools used to ingest data of various forms including JSON, XML, Databases, REST APIs, Message Queue’s and etc.
- Familiarity with security considerations associated with data management such as encryption, masking, obfuscation and kerberos
- Understanding of data architecture concepts and implementation techniques such as, normalisation, denormalisation, star and snowflake schemas
- Experience with PL/SQL, SQL, Unix/Linux Shell Scripting (BASH, KSH) including development and troubleshooting used to automate and orchestrate tasks
- Familiarity with algorithm design and implementation
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and development
- Experience with reporting tools to create prompt visualisations and reports to facilitate the consumption of data
- Bachelor's of Science or higher education (Computer Science or related field is an asset)
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Experience in one or more of the following ETL tools optimsed for big data, including Talend, Informatica BDE and Ataccama
- Familiarity with partitioning approaches and strategies, as enables by certain tools, which can be used while data integration is an asset
- Experience with Version Control M (GIT, Subversion and etc.)
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages is an asset
- Familiarity with abstract data types and data structures for implementation
- Experience with software development approaches and techniques (Waterfall, Agile and etc.)
- Industry experience in one or more of the following sectors is an asset: financial services, telecommunications, mining, insurance, health care or retail
The successful candidate will join a company whose expertise has made it a leader in its field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Big Data Developer job.
Apply today for this new opportunity.