Software Development Engineer
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Rohimoh Chemae
Date posted 20 July 2018 2018-07-202018-09-17 retail 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A leading retail distributor business is seeking a high-calibre in Bangkok to support a large, Software Development Engineer business unit with a regional remit.
About the Software Development Engineer Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Software Development Engineer will play a key role in the Development teams continued development and success in its Bangkok.
- Use in-depth knowledge of at least one major programming language, the framework and the tool ecosystem to implement end-to-end systems without assistance
- Profile and optimise code
- Produce test driven features in a specific programming language and comfortably demonstrate with the TDD cycle
- Identify patterns in code and refactor the code towards them where it increases understanding and/or maintainability with minimal guidance
- Translate requirements into tasks & code
- Develop high quality code that can lead to rapid delivery. Ruthlessly pursuing continuous integration and delivery
- Automate everything by default
- Write secure code by default. Write maintainable code and observe basic hygiene practices
- Demonstrate the importance of domain model and I coherently model a problem domain within a given context
- Implement relevant project instrumentation
- Follow the best practices of continuous BDD/TDD/Performance/Security/Smoke testing
- Lead group discussions on design of particular areas and understand domain well enough to work with Product Managers to drive value
- Support production systems, resolve incidents and perform root cause analysis
- Debug/find complex problems and support/maintain the software solution
The successful candidate must possess five years of experience and have the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Able to communicate effectively in English to stakeholders proficient in the language
- Fully understand the concept and standard practice of DevOps
- Understanding of threads, the threading model and concurrent programming
- GIT, GIT Hub, version control, git flow and branching strategies
- Proficient in Java, Node.js, Maven, Jenkins, Dockers and AWS
- Able to setup and configure tools to search, monitor, and analyse machine-generated monitoring tools and log
The successful candidate will join a company whose expertise has made it a leader in its field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting software development engineer job.
Apply today for this new opportunity.