Development Lead - SVP level
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Julian Meissner
Date posted 29 June 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
As a result of ongoing and continued successes and building the financial services partner of the future, this leader within the consumer finance world is recruiting a Development Lead - SVP level to join their organisation in Bangkok and carry out the job's responsibilities.
About the Development Lead - SVP level Role:
This is a great opportunity for a head of development to plan/supervise activities and solve complex problems mainly related to the development of best-in-class mobile applications on iOS and Android. We expect you to bring first-hand experience with Agile Development methodologies, acting as both an evangelist and coach.
- Maintain a deep understanding of user behaviour, emotions, and motivations
- Frame, develop, and execute on a vision for delivering the best banking user experiences on mobile and web platforms
- Create a strong operating model for delivery that both motivates and empowers teams to execute fluidly
- Guide and direct teams of software developers and testers, establishing development practices while embracing emerging standards to push the limits of what a new technology platform can achieve
- Manage team of Mobile Developers, Quality Assurances, and UX designers
- Design and optimise solutions with a focus on speed, security, and simplicity
- Communicate effectively and clearly with engineers during development to achieve products that match with the intended design requirements
- Accountable for delivery of projects within schedules and timelines
- Ensure consistent software design and implementation methodologies, and promote code reuse when applicable
- Evaluate and manage various partners for development projects
To succeed in this role you must have the ability to lead effectively and possess a keen understanding of Agile Development methodologies.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience, during which you’ve developed extremely strong Computer Science fundamentals and analytical abilities
- 15 years of software development, minimum eight years of experience managing teams in the software industry, especially developer and QA and UX/UI teams
- Solid software engineering development and design experience using multiple technologies and languages
- Experience with software development methodologies, including agile software development values and practices like test driven development (TDD), testing automation, and continuous integration/deployment (CICD)
- Experience in mobile and web development (iOS, Android, HTML5, CSS, e.g.)
- Knowledge of user interface design principles
- Knowledge of online security practices and protocols
- Demonstrated success in motivating and cultivating your team
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Experience within the Financial Services industry is a plus
- Experience in managing external vendors is a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills (Thai and English to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved that will speak and read in the stated languages)
This company is much more than financial services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Development Lead with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Development Lead - SVP level role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.