Senior SQL Database Administrator
Salary Excellent Incentive
Consultant Kanita Tippayajan
Date posted 13 November 2018 2018-11-132019-01-05 it 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th
An exciting Senior SQL Database Administration role has just become available at one of the well known Fintech start up companies. This role is for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset and want to grow with the company.
About the Senior SQL Database Administrator Role:
The Senior SQL Database Administrator will design, implement and support client’s database infrastructure. He/she will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability and security
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyse, solve and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Day-to-day support based on requests and incidents
- Collaborate with development teams to review/create new database changes, design and tuning
To succeed in the Senior SQL Database Administrator role, you will need to have ability to work effectively in an international environment as part of a team and strong English skill is required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- More than five years MS SQL and MySQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimisation (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organise and plan work independently
- Able to deal and handle difficult situations and work under time constraints
- MCTS, MCITP and/or MVP certifications a plus
- Strong aptitude and desire to learn new technologies and tools
- Willing to learn new database technologies (Both SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience on MongoDB and Redis in a clustered environment a plus
The company is a joint venture between 2 large well-known company from Thailand and China. They position themselves as a start-up company with flat structure and open-minded culture. The office is a mobile workspace in modern, relax environment near BTS. They have opportunities for on the job training, technology training and professional development to fully support their employee to grow in their own career path.
If you are professional IT crew who is ambitious to become a key member of a company that offers invaluable work experience and opportunity to grow, this Senior SQL Database Administrator is the role for you.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.