Head of Data Scientist
Salary THB200000 - THB300000 per month + Bonus + Medical Insurance
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Nontapat Thooptian
Date posted 21 May 20192019-05-21 2019-07-20 it Bangkok TH THB 200000 300000 300000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Global Head of Data Scientist job (x1 vacancy) has just become available at one of the most respected global oil and gas firms. This is a role for top Data Scientist, who is a leader in their field.
About the Head of Data Scientist Role:
As a Chief Data Scientist, you will lead the data science cohort and practices
- You will lead data scientist to draw insights from large or complex data sets, and build platforms for others to analyse data sets
- You will help defining the career ladder, recruiting, allocating data scientists, ensuring staff development
- You will collaborate with other business functions/department to drive business insights
- You will ensure overall data science practices are consistently applied and managed.
- You will be co-located with project teams, in a digital hub or at the relevant business location, with occasional travel
Salary range: THB200k - 300k per month + Bonus + Provident Fund + Allowance + Dental Insurance
- Manage overall data science practices and data scientist cohort
- Combine internal and external data, direct data scientist cohort to drive business insights and impact
- Define criteria for data quality, analytics, modelling and testing in enterprise projects
- Apply strong expertise in machine-learning, data mining, and information retrieval to lead the design, prototype, and build the next-generation analytics
- Help define career ladder, recruiting, allocating data scientist and staff development
- Collaborate with senior IT and Business leaders providing technical guidance related to data architecture, data models and meta data management
To succeed in the Head of Data Scientist job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and have experience working in the energy industry.
- Three years plus of experience in a statistical and/or data science role with team management experience
- Expertise in advanced analytical techniques such as descriptive statistical modelling and algorithms, machine learning algorithms, optimisation, data visualisation, pattern recognition, cluster analysis and segmentation analysis
- MS in computer science, statistics, or operations research or related technical discipline
- Expertise in analytical tools and languages such as Python, R, SAS, Java, C, C++, C#, Matlab, SPSS IBM, Tableau, Qlikview, Rapid Miner, Apache, Pig, Spotfire, Micro S, SAP HANA, Oracle, or SQL-like languages
- Experience working with large data sets, simulation/optimisation and distributed computing tools (e.g., Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, ...)
- Ability to translate business needs to data
- Experience in energy industry
- Experience using open source libraries
The successful Chief Data Scientist will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment in brand new offices.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Chief Data Scientist job.
Contact me directly at 02-344-4863 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551