HR Manager (TH/VN/PH)
Consultant Rungnapa Charoenrungsiri
Date posted 12 December 2018 2018-12-122019-02-10 human-resources-and-personnel 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting HR Manager (TH/VN/PH) job based in Bangkok has just arisen in one of the global leading chemical firms from US. You will be taking care of the commercial units of three countries in Southeast Asia and two plants in Thailand. This is a good opportunity for those interested in gaining regional experience.
About the HR Manager (TH/VN/PH) Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for partnering with the management team to support the businesses of three countries (Thailand, Vietnam, and the Philippines), which includes 750 employees across commercial and manufacturing. You will also be tasked to align HR strategy in accordance with global guidelines and business direction.
- Understand business direction, build trust with management team, connect with global HR team to localise HR strategy within the regions
- Partner with local leadership team to provide strategic and operational HR support to address core business needs e.g. overseeing organisation restructuring, employee engagement practices, plans for growth, labour relations, etc.
- Coach, guide and provide consulting to leadership teams to effectively lead, develop and manage their teams to gain engagement and increase productivity
- Lead and develop HR team of seven COEs to be experts in their field and to successfully meet business needs
- Oversee budgets, policies, welfare and benefits, and HR activities to ensure talent attraction and retention
- Implement talent management and succession planning to ensure organisational sustainability
To succeed in the HR Manager (TH/VN/PH) role, you will need to have the ability to build trust with senior management level and lead teams, with the ability to be hands-on.
- Minimum of 20 years’ experience in HR, with at least eight to 10 years at a managerial level, preferably from an international company or with regional experience
- Familiar with matrix environment in aligning local, regional and global structures
- Results-driven and a down-to-earth attitude
- Strong communication skills with the ability to engage both management and staff and deal with complex issues
- Strong HR professional skills set
- Able to work in a dynamic environment and under pressure
This global chemical company from the US is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients in various industries, they have gained leading market share and kept their competitiveness. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting HR Manager (TH/VN/PH) job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.