Consultant Peter Swinney
Date posted 26 November 2018 2018-11-262019-01-24 engineering 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An attractive Managing Director job in a prestigious publicly listed US organisation based in Bangkok has just become available. This position is ideal for an aspiring Managing Director coming from a strong engineering background and proven track record managing sales teams.
About the Managing Director Role:
You will lead the business currently comprising 15 people in Thailand. The company specialises in high end industrial engineering solutions for a variety of market segments. As head of the Thailand operation, you will have full P&L responsibility as well as managing a team of sales, technical specialists, back office and warehouse operations.
- Full P&L responsibility for Thailand with a key focus on commercial expansion and sales
- Coach, mentor and drive the sales teams
- Report to the regional head (American) based in Singapore
- Hunt, evaluate and devise new channels for sales in Thailand whilst maintaining key, high level relationships
- Devise a secure, robust expansion strategy for the business to grow sustainably in Thailand over the coming years
To succeed in this role you must have the ability to lead effectively and possess a keen understanding of driving a sales organisation.
- Thai native national due to the nature of the business
- Stable track record as a sales manager in a product closely related i.e industrial machinery, engineering equipment, cutting tool, electric/power and etc.
- Business level English ability, comfortable reporting to and presenting to oversees management
- Engineering academic background - MBA preferred
- Experience managing a P&L, other departmental functions preferred
- Outgoing, confident personality - ability to face challenges and level up their career
This company is much more than an industrial engineering company and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are confident and determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Managing Director job is the role for you.
Apply now for this great opportunity.