Strategy Development and Business Planning Manager
Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Rakchanok Tiwa
Date posted 13 June 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting Strategy Development and Business Planning Manager job has recently become available at a Global petrochemical manufacturer based in Bangkok.
About the Strategy Development and Business Planning Manager Role:
As the Strategy Development and Business Planning Manager, you will be reported to the Business Regional Director and responsible for reviewing and synthesising macro economy scanning results, market information/trend, competitive intelligence, customers information and countries plan to subsequently formulate business strategies and tactics for the company in ASEAN/ANZ to achieve desired objectives aligning with Region strategies
- To translate business unit strategies into Broad Action Programs. Plans in individual countries especially Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and Australia/ANZ, taking into consideration different countries market dynamics and strategic importance and market segments
- To formulate and implement strategic projects in the business unit aligning with the company strategies of digital transformation and customers-centric
- To review and devise channel management strategies for the business unit directing the actions and plans of managing partners and distributors, balancing the need for growth and serving the market
- To review stakeholders in the the business unit in the region and evaluate alliance / partnership opportunities with value chain players to achieve superior market position vis-a-vis low cost competitors
- To lead the annual business planning and budgeting process as well as quarterly business review process to ensure strategic topics across the sub-region ASEAN/ANZ are well addressed and business tactics are appropriate to achieve both short and long term objectives for the business
- To formulate new market entry strategies for the business unit in new geography country such as Myanmar, Cambodia as well as new application for the products
The successful candidate must have a minimum of three to five years of experience in the business consulting and strategic planning area, especially in the chemical industry will be preferred.
- Good bachelor degree and candidates with MBA will have added advantage
- Candidates are expected to take on additional front-line operational tasks therefore candidates with he desire to be in the front-line with good negotiation skills will be preferred
- Strong business acumen with good commercial sense and excellent problem solving skills managing multiple stakeholders
- Able to communication strongly in English in both written and oral will be preferred. Candidates with Mandarin knowledge will have an added advantage to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved that will speak and read in the stated languages
- Ability to work effectively across diverse cultures with strong adaptability to different way of working
This global petrochemicals manufacturer needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The company is also very focused on developing and training its people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Strategy Development and Business Planning Manager job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.