Global R&D Director - Consumer Goods
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Lionel Blondiau
Date posted 14 September 2018 2018-09-142018-10-28 fmcg 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An excellent Global R&D Director in consumer goods job in Bangkok has just arisen at one of world top consumer goods companies. Reporting directly to Global Function Head of Operations, this is a role for a R&D professional who is leader in his field.
Global R&D Director – Consumer goods:
In this business-critical role, you will based in Bangkok and you be responsible for defining the broad business development strategy, delivering the highest quality service alongside R&D for other products. You will also take the strategic lead providing direction to all product development-related activities.
- Lead R&D and NPD development projects for global production sites, including co-development with local manufacturing
- Provide leadership and expertise on the activities and quality systems necessary to ensure that R&D is operating in full compliance with all practice and standard operating procedures
- Provide strategic direction and develop the R&D team to build long term innovation and new technology development
- Incorporate relevant design expertise and experience in projects in line with brand/product strategy
- Actively search for best-in-class technologies among competitors and develops innovation road map
- Cooperates closely with product managers to assure customer focus and target costing; co-develops product road maps
- Establish and maintain operational budgets for your team personnel and equipment
- Manage and support R&D projects at Global level by participating in meetings and sharing technical information and "best-practices”
- Develop employees assigned to his department, ensuring the correct application of tools and policies on training, career path and evaluations and inputs to compensation systems
The successful Global R&D Director will possess at least 20 years experiences in NPD, Quality and RA management in a FMCG, food and beverage, cosmetics, pharmaceutical and medical devices industry in an international and local environment.
- Masters or Doctorate degree in engineering, chemistry, food technology, pharmaceutical or a related scientific area
- Regional or Global experience appraising scientific research in relation to structure/function claims and marketing literature
- Proven leadership qualities as well as a vast experience and expertise in key areas of supply chain from a global level to a production level
- Proven negotiator and influencer with the ability to build a professional relationship and trust at all levels of the business and the company
- Significant commercial acumen, analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Proven experience in leading change and being a change agent
- Excellent communication skills in English
This international Consumer Goods Company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great market share and known for their corporate entertainment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting R&D Manager - Chemical job.
Apply to this new exciting opportunity.