Senior Project Manager - Construction
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Prachya Junnasaksri
Date posted 13 November 2018 2018-11-132018-12-15 building-and-construction 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th
An exciting Senior Project Manager job has just become available at one of world class property developers based in Bangkok. This international developer corporate is much more than an iconic project investor, owning and managing luxury retail properties and prime offices, located in different major cities around Asia, accommodating the world’s foremost companies and luxury brands. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity.
About the Senior Project Manager - Construction Role:
In this critical role, you will be responsible for leading your team of expertise to develop a large and complex iconic construction project with a strong emphasis on world class quality and project execution. Together with a team of professional and global property developer, you will work closely with the Project Director to define the broad project execution strategy delivering the highest quality performance and project management. This role will give you an opportunity to work with a diverse global team who appreciate innovation, teamwork and excellence.
- Manage and control the project development process including tendering, project planning, design development, financing, procuring and contracting with third party consultants and contractors
- Oversee the design process and feasibility study in your discipline of expertise with special emphasis toward constructability, long-term maintenance, and life-cycle costing
- Supervise a detailed project budget development in conjunction with a professional estimator. During the construction phase, update and report on any cost variations with solution recommendation to reduce or eliminate cost increases and negotiate on owner’s behalf if needed
- Develop a detailed project schedule and monitor the time line variations; if actual progress varies from the baseline schedule, you are responsible to make appropriate recommendations to either achieve or revise the baseline schedule in a corporation with the consultant, contractors, as well as the Project Director
- Provide a full-time representative dedicated exclusively to direct the construction and project execution by monitoring the performance of the consultant and contractors and provide representation and directions at all meetings, as required
- Direct, on behalf of the owner, the design and construction teams including the architect, engineers, contractors and consultants, and maintain their clear understanding of project objectives and time line
- Responsible for progress reporting and summarising all construction activities completed weekly or monthly and provide notice on defective and/or non-conforming work if any
- Lead inspection on constructed/completed work and develop punch lists as necessary, with review and turn-over to the owner of as-builts, O&M manuals, warranties & guarantees, and assist the owner in the completion of contractor evaluations to ensure the conformity in terms of project design and engineering standards and practice
To succeed in this Senior Project Manager - Construction role, you must have the ability to lead the project and team effectively and possess a keen understanding of your key discipline of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields as follows:
- Civil Engineering
- M&E Engineering
- Structure Engineering
- Demonstrated track record of successful project management of iconic construction project or luxurious low-rise residential buildings
- Proven experience in construction team management of several contractors and consultants
- Proven experience in project budgeting, scheduling, resource allocation, planning, delegating, productivity and financial performance
- More than eight years' experience in project management of international luxury construction project
This leading professional property development firm has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on project value that will become a great contribution on your professional profile. With a proven track record of business success, this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you are a talented and focused project management professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Senior Project Manager job is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply now for his new exciting opportunity.