Senior Project Engineer/Manager
Consultant Jirawit Taengko
Date posted 06 August 2018 2018-08-062018-10-05 fmcg 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A rapidly expanding FMCG is looking for a talented Senior Project Engineer/Manager in Bangkok/Chaseongsao to take on a newly created role. In this job, you will lead a team and be responsible for all finance-related functions and project Engineering-related functions.
About the Senior Project Engineer/Manager Role:
This is a great opportunity for the Senior Project Engineer/Manager to redevelop tasks. Your main responsibility is to lead the technical scope (or specific part of the scope) of the capital investment project execution by managing suppliers, contractors and cross-functional team whose objective is to oversee the capital investments. This could involve re-location of existing assets and the purchase, installation and commissioning of new fixed assets, as well as minor construction works.
- Enforce safety as the number one priority. The project is to be delivered with zero accidents
- Support the project manager in defining the project team, goals and deliverables to be in line with key business stakeholders’ expectations for the project
- Execute the basic design of the technical side of the capital investment. Work with the plant operations management to develop a streamlined basic design incorporating 5S principles. Then make use of local contractors to develop the detailed engineering design and timeline
- Responsible for the delivery of the engineering project execution in line with the defined quality, timelines and cost. Ensuring that all works are carried out in accordance with the factory GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) standards
- Lead the engineering scope of project through principal design phase, detailed design, supplier selection, tenders’ evaluation, contract execution, delivery of equipment and/or executions of works, and make daily decisions on engineering activities, escalating to the Project Manager where necessary
To succeed in this role, you must have leadership & influencing skills.
- Engineering Qualification. University degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience project execution in manufacturing industry – in the Food, Pharmaceutical or Process Industry
- Exceptional skills of engineering projects execution with a track record of delivering high quality projects in a manufacturing environment with a value more than one to four million Euros
- Experience of working in an International and multi-cultural environment
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills (an ability to communicate project deliverables and specifics to Thai workforce as well as communicating progress to European key stakeholders)
- Knowledge of engineering standards for installation of process and packing equipment in Thailand
- English – intermediate and above with ability to participate in technical discussion to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved that are proficient in English
This international FMCG firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise. With great clients and known for its corporate entertainment, it has won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are a talented and focused Project Engineering professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Senior Project Engineer/Manager job is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply now for this new opportunity.