R&D Director - Chemical
Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Aphaphat Thanomchart
Date posted 10 May 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An excellent R&D Director - Chemical job in Bangkok has just arisen at one of the chemical companies. Your main responsibility is to support a large, complex business unit with a regional remit.
About the R&D Director - Chemical Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for defining the broad business development strategy, delivering the highest quality service alongside R&D for others products. You will also take the lead providing direction to all product development-related activities.
- Leads development projects
- Incorporates relevant design expertise and experience in projects in line with brand/product strategy
- Actively searches for best-in-class technologies among competitors and develops innovation roadmap
- Cooperates closely with product managers to assure customer focus and target costing; co-develops product roadmaps
- Establishes and maintains operational budgets for his team personnel and equipment
- Supports R&D projects at group level participating in meetings and sharing technical information and "best-practices”
- Encourages "best-practice" sharing through the participation and promotion of meetings, newsletters, knowledge sharing tools and all other initiatives liaising on a world-wide basis
To succeed in this R&D Director - Chemical role, you will need to develop employees assigned to the department, ensuring the correct application of tools and policies on training, career path and evaluations and inputs to compensation systems.
- Bachelor's degree of Science in Chemistry or related fields
- Experience appraising scientific research in relation to structure/function claims and marketing literature
- At least five years of experience in the industry in a similar position
- Must be competent and proficient in Windows, internet, Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
This international chemical firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting R&D Director - Chemical job.
Apply now for this great opportunity.