Salary variable bonus + benefits
Location Samut Prakan ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Prachya Junnasaksri
Date posted 02 October 20192019-10-02 2019-12-01 manufacturing-and-production Samut Prakan TH THB 300000 400000 400000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading international HVAC business is seeking a high-calibre General Manager (x1 vacancy) in Samutprakarn to support its large, complex business unit with a regional remit. Reporting directly to Regional Vice President, this is a role for a self-motivated operational leader with strong business acumen.
About the General Manager Role:
This position will be mainly responsible for the leadership of functional teams to drive the plant operation overall operational performance and operational excellence in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, inventory and productivity to support the business growth of HVAC and Transport business in Asia Pacific and India. In addition, the General Manager will provide leadership on people development, organisational capability enhancement, employee engagement, and collaborate with cross function teams to improve efficiency of operations and services.
The salary range for this role is THB300k – THB400k per month + Allowance + Variable bonus.
- Develop long-range and short-term operations strategy for the operation, lead the management team including Production, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials, Finance, HR and Sourcing, EHS, IT etc. to cascade SBU target to operation level, develop and implement manufacturing budget and plan, and facilitate the allocation of necessary resources to deliver the target operational results
- Ensure effectiveness of production and quality control systems, analysing production, quality control, maintenance and other operational reports to ensure high quality yields. Drive performance against defined metrics including, Financial, quality, OTD, inventory turns and productivity
- Promote an organisational culture of continuous improvement by championing the use of lean manufacturing principles and tools
- Develop people and organisation capability to support Bangkok business growth through coaching and mentoring subordinate, identify and develop plant talents, develop a plant culture/environment which inspires progress and encourage employee engagement
- Improve profitability of the plant through recommendation and management of operations and cost improvements as well as productivity enhancement initiatives. Foster an organisation that builds quality products in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Leverage operational excellence tools and initiatives such as BSC, Maturity maps, six-sigma, lean, value stream etc.
- Interface closely with Sales/distribution team, Asia Engineering team to understand the VOC and purse for the innovation and best customers satisfaction in Asia region
To succeed in this role, you must be able to demonstrate the use of process improvement techniques & tools in a variety of successful manufacturing or production operations related projects.
- Bachelor degree with Engineering background or equivalent technical discipline is required, MBA degree is a plus
- 15+ years’ experience in manufacturing operations required, at least three to five years working experience in a manufacturing/plant operations leadership role, and US Company working experience is preferred
- Two or more years’ experience working in both Operations leadership & Operation Excellence (Lean) and Material Management
- Demonstrate strong leadership ability, ability to empower the workforce and build strong manufacturing operation team through hiring, developing, evaluating, training and coaching
- Expertise in lean philosophy and application of tools to deliver business results. Good knowledge of lean manufacturing and six-sigma is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both Thai and English, good interpersonal skill in driving alignment
This international HVAC firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you have a successful track record of managing manufacturing operation together commercial background and enjoy working in a team environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting General Manager role.
Apply today to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551