R&D Engineering Manager
Location Chonburi ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Jirawit Taengko
Date posted 18 January 2019 2019-01-182019-02-18 aerospace Chonburi TH THB 150000 200000 200000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
As a result of ongoing and continued successes both within Thailand and globally, a world-leading manufacturer of aerospace components is recruiting a talented R&D Engineering Manager. In this job, you will be responsible for establishing strong R&D engineering within the business to deliver current and future strategic business plan in its next phase of growth.
About the R&D Engineering Manager Role:
Reporting to Technical Services Director (Thai), you will play a vital role in promoting and encouraging prompt delivery, continuous improvement, accountability and excellence in all programmes within their manufacturer located in Chonburi, Thailand.
- Plan, budget, track and execute new product development activities including CER provider
- Drive and lead project management activities, against tight timelines and demanding customer expectations with attention to detail and build-to-print procedures
- Continuously monitor project performance against resource, timing, budget, risk and results
- Ensure alignment of projects and programs with business strategy; also initiate proposals based on customer feedback, opportunities for improvement, new trends and technologies
- Determine continual improvements driving enhanced performance and effectiveness
- Liaise and work with cross-functional teams supporting the commercialisation of new products
To succeed in this role, you must have the ability to lead effectively and possess a keen understanding of aerospace industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or other related fields with a minimum of five years’ experience in aerospace industry environment - ideally in Aero Structures Aluminium precision machining (or similar) and/or Treatments/Special process; including jigs, fixtures and processing
- Five years' direct engineering experience along with experience of leading teams working on multiple projects to a high standard of excellence
- Ability to listen and integrate business needs with detailed technical inputs
- 3D CAD/CAM experience with good knowledge background of machining process
- Good command of English is a must (TOEIC > 800)
This leading aerospace equipment producer needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant and there are great opportunities to progress in this dynamic company.
If you are a progressive Engineering Manager with solid experience in aerospace manufacturing, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industrial leader that is consistently breaking new ground.
Apply for this role today.