Regional Safety Manager – Logistics & Distribution
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Prachya Junnasaksri
Date posted 18 January 2019 2019-01-182019-02-15 health-and-safety 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A new Regional Safety Manager – Logistics & Distribution job based in Bangkok has just become available at a leading petrochemical firm.
About the Regional Safety Manager – Logistics & Distribution Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Regional Safety Manager will play a key role in providing technical advice on transportation and warehouse safety in a logistics and distribution environment. You will establish, implement and maintain the HSE system, ensuring that all activities are conformed to legal and company policy.
- Align with 15 indirect reports over 14 countries within APAC to support logistics and distribution activities and to ensure compliance with all relevant international and local dangerous goods regulations applicable in Asia Pacific (APAC) plus company’s applicable Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) standards and code of practices
- Provide technical advice on transportation and warehouse safety, classification, labelling, packaging, storage and transportation requirements in a logistics and distribution environment
- Continuously function as APAC's distribution safety (DS) expert providing technical advice on classification, labelling, packaging, storage and transportation requirements
- Regularly perform independent auditing on third party warehouses and transporter/distributors with in-country DS advisers
- Annually verify that countries maintain emergency plans to respond to incidents during transport, loading, unloading, storage and handling of dangerous goods
- Oversee and coordinate with Global HSE for the generation of SDS by in-country responsible persons trained on the use of the SAP tool
To succeed in this Regional Safety Manager – Logistics & Distribution role, you should have prior experience in distribution and logistics and possess a good understanding of HSE regulations.
- Three to five years' experience in and knowledge of distribution, logistics operations and warehousing, HSE in the chemical industry as well as dangerous goods
- Trained and certified in IMDG, IATA and GHS
- Understanding of early legislative development and HSE issues faced by the transportation of dangerous good
The successful Regional Safety Manager – Logistics & Distribution will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment in brand new offices.
If you are a progressive individual with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.