Salary THB80000 - THB100000 per month
Consultant Warodom Voraprawat
Date posted 18 January 2019 2019-01-182019-02-09 manufacturing-and-production 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An attractive Design Engineer job based in Saraburi has just become available at an international foundry organisation.
About the Design Engineer Role:
Reporting to the Senior Design Manager, you will lead all activities and manage teams across area. As the Design Engineer, you will be responsible for acting as a primary user of solidification software (MagmaSoft) to validate the soundness of tooling design. This involves drafting the solid models pf patterns (Tooling – Wooden and Metallic) from scratch, understanding the simulation input parameters as well as alloy datasets, independently running the simulation software and performing analysis of simulation results.
- Draft the solid models for tooling to be used in following three foundry systems: - Nobake, green sand and Diecast
- Perform solidification simulations on self-developed CAD models for casting soundness and yield improvements. Recommend rigging changes based on simulation results to improve casting performance
- Perform an active role in simulation requirements for group R&D initiatives
To succeed in this Design Engineer role, you must have the ability to lead effectively and possess a keen understanding of software simulation.
- Five to eight years' experience in solidification simulation software such as MagmaSoft
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering
- Minimum five years' experience with solid modelling using CREO or SOLIDWORKS
- Experience creating custom material datasets for use in simulation, with 3D scanning software/equipment and FEA analysis
This international foundry firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Design Engineer job.
Apply now or call to discuss about the role.