Manufacturing Development Engineering Manager - Electronics
Salary Excellent Package
Consultant Warodom Voraprawat
Date posted 04 June 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting Manufacturing Development Engineering Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected global electronics manufacturing companies based in Thailand. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this is a role for a manager who is the leader in their field.
About the Manufacturing Development Engineering Manager - Electronics Role:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will lead a team comprising of manufacturing development engineers for stamping, moulding and Assembly in developing tools, machines and process to produce connectivity solutions for automotive business unit.
- Provide leadership and build an effective team that will strongly contribute to design and develop and roll out strategies, roadmaps for manufacturability and assembly
- Provide inputs at various design reviews, design FMEA and be the main driver for process FMEA
- Recommend the best manufacturing concept for a given project to achieve optimum cost, quality and manufacturability targets
- Direct the team and to participate in the management of vendors during tool and equipment fabrication and to ensure progress per plan and that all technical requirements are met.
- Design and complete capability studies/process and tooling validations to ensure capable processes
- Develop innovative tooling concepts for quick prototyping tools and flexible assembly machines for prototyping with a view to reduce development costs
- Ensure availability of right manufacturing development competencies for new products, processes and locations
The successful Manufacturing Development Engineering Manager will possess at least twelve years of experience in manufacturing development with more than eights years experience in connector manufacturing environment or similar products.
- Experience in leading a team of manufacturing engineering/manufacturing development/process development engineers
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in the development of automatic assembly machines for production of connectors or similar products
- Experience in developing jigs, fixtures, moulding tools and stamping dies
- Excellent mechanical design skills with good understanding of equipment design/selection for both fully automated and manual processes
- Knowledge of design techniques that facilitate rapid prototyping such as 3D printing of resins and metal
- Knowledge of die-casting will be an advantage
- Working knowledge of CREO and other 3D modelling system and 2D CAD systems like AutoCAD
This leading automotive company has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Manufacturing Development Engineering Manager - Electronics role is the right opportunity for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.