Head of Risk
Salary Performance bonus, Medical benefits, provident fund
Consultant Tanakorn Toonkumthornchai
Job Ref 1771060/001
Date posted 27 April 2022bangkok banking-financial-services/risk-credit-mkt-operational 2022-04-27 2022-06-26 financial-services Bangkok TH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of Risk (x1 vacancy) job has arisen in a leading financial services firm in Bangkok.
About the Head of Risk Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for managing Risk management which are concise, practical and effectiveness. To be a key person as Head of Risk who understand the risk policies and procedures of banking business. You will also take the lead and responsible for day-to-day risk management of the branch which includes market, credit, treasury, liquidity, operational and reputational risks. You will enjoy competitive base salary with performance bonus and medical insurance.
- Strategy and planning
- Provide expert advice and support to Head, Group Risk Management, and Head of Global Financial Banking Risk Management in relation to branch business and risk management activities
- Keep abreast of developments in the risk management landscape
- The monitor risk profile of branch across risk functional areas for business-as-usual activities and those associated with significant new business initiatives/new products/services/annual product review/outsourcing
- Provide direction and technical advice to subordinates, share information, and facilitate problem-solving
- Risk policy and framework
- Ensure branch risk management is in line with the Head Office risk management framework, including the quantification of risk appetite via specific risk limits and risk models
- Provide support to the branch and Head Office in the drafting of branch procedures and rules leading to the fulfilment of the group risk management functions
- Day-to-day risk management
- Responsible for day-to-day risk management of the branch which includes market, credit, treasury, liquidity, operational and reputational risks
- Provide guidance and support for staff career development and performance capability
- Regulatory requirements
- Ensure branch’s risk management framework and policies comply with BOT and BNM regulations including the implementation of Basel II requirements
To succeed in this role, you must have excellent English communication skills.
- Bachelor of higher preferably in finance, banking or related disciplines
- Minimum seven years relevant experience in risk management at an established financial institution
- Intimate knowledge of various risk management approaches and their applications, for eg. market risk, operational risk, liquidity risk, credit risk, etc.
- Familiar with relevant rules and regulations governing banking activities in Thailand
- Excellent English communication, management, and interpersonal skills.
This company is much more than international bank and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Risk job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications, our team will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551
Get in touch
+66 (0) 2 344 4870
Salary: Performance Bonus , Medical Benefits, Provident FundLocation: BangkokDate posted: 10 May 2022One of leading digital infrastructure company which focuses on digital asset exchange business and cryptocurrency exchange (Top Tier Fintech) is looking for a CFO - Head of Finance & Accounting (x1 vacancy).
Salary: Medical Benefits , Allowance , Performance BonusLocation: BangkokDate posted: 11 May 2022An exciting Head of Operations (x1 vacancy) job has arisen in a leading financial services firm in Bangkok.
Salary: Variable bonus , Provident fund , Medical InsuranceLocation: BangkokDate posted: 24 May 2022An exciting Head of Compliance (x1 vacancy) job has arisen in a leading fintech in Bangkok.
Salary: Performance bonus , Provident Fund , Medical BenefitsLocation: BangkokDate posted: 15 June 2022An exciting COO (x1 vacancy) job has arisen in leading insurance firm in Bangkok.
Salary: Performance bonus, Medical Benefits, Provident fundLocation: BangkokDate posted: 26 May 2022An exciting Head of Operation (x1 vacancy) job has arisen in a leading bank in Bangkok.