Head of Operational Risk Management
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Nuntanit Fangkanwanvong
Date posted 10 August 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting new Head of Operational Risk Management job opportunity has been made available at an international FINTEX company in Thailand.
About the Head of Operation Risk Management Role:
In this business-critical role, you must have direct, control activity of ORM department.
- Challenge, monitor, implement and make recommendation to senior management / committees
- Set ORM Strategic plan, ORM Framework, Risk Appetite Statements, ORM Policies, Standards, Processes by coordinating with Stakeholders / CORM / BORM, consulting with Compliance / Regulators , and obtaining good practices. Risk areas under ORM responsibility cover Processing Risk, Control Risk, Unauthorised activity Risk, and Employment Practice
- Set, drive the execution of the ORM projects
- Authority to approve / not approve / escalation of the (risk aspects) of Products / Services / (IT) Outsourcing / initiatives
- Plan, drive the Operational Risk Capital model in line with regulatory allowances and requirement
- Plan, drive, coordinate, coach, direct, control activity and ensure resources and quality of ORM staff
To succeed in the Head of Operational Risk Management (FINTEX company), you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively across borders and internal matrix.
- Master Degree or higher in Business Administration, Engineering, Sciences or relevant fields
- Working in the financial institutions of at least 10 years in the Operational risk / ERM
- Best practice in Operational Risk policy and Operational risk rules & regulations
- Good level in English both writing & speaking to communicate effectively with stakeholders proficient in the language
- Good knowledge in banking products & processes
- Leading in the major (IT) Projects implementation is an advantage
- Self-motivated, result-oriented, take responsibility and have full accountability, can work independently
- Strong leadership skill and Possess facilitation skill
This international FINTEX company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven and determined, then this role is for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Head of Operational Risk Management role.
Apply today for this new opportunity.