VP of Business Risk & Control Management
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Nuntanit Fangkanwanvong
Date posted 28 May 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting new VP of Business Risk & Control Management job opportunity has been made available at a company in the banking industry. The job will be located in Bangkok.
About the VP of Business Risk & Control Management Role:
In this business critical role, VP of Business Risk & Control Management, you will be responsible for supporting an effective deployment of the Bank’s consistent approach to manage business risk and control. This job is a core of a bank's operations - integrating risk management practices into processes, systems and culture.
- Operate as the key point of accountability for supporting an effective deployment of the Bank’s consistent approach to manage business risk and control in PCM
- Proactively drive all risk and control initiatives as required by the Bank
- Ensure that in-country PCM is fully committed and consistently manages business risk and control to the same standard as set out by ASP PCM and Group PCM
- Minimise operational losses by effectively facilitating and monitoring risk controls in PCM
- Support Audit and Compliance initiatives in-country
- Support and provide consultancy and assistance to in-country PCM management and colleagues on all risk and control related enquiries
- Support regional / Group PCM BRCM and in-country ORIC on all global / regional / local Operational Risk matters and act as the key contact point when engaging stakeholders
- Undertake the role of in-country PCM BIRO (if applicable) and manage all Information Risk related initiatives at a local level
To succeed in the VP of Business Risk & Control Management, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with cash management team, across borders and internal matrix.
- University degree or similar with at least 5 - 10 years' cash management experience; operational risk management certification not a must but should be an advantage
- Experienced in risk management at senior management level
- Knowledge of regulatory environment in the financial services sector
- Exposure to operations and control environment, such as systems and operations support, and/or audit or compliance
- Thorough understanding of HSBC’s PCM activities, products, processes and systems
- Able to conceptualise the operational impact of business changes
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Good understanding of modelling techniques and analytics in respect of Operational Risk and Information Risk
- Able to cope with pressure and tight deadlines
The company is in the banking industry and located in Bangkok.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting VP of Business Risk & Control Management for banking Industry.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.