Senior Investment Director (Thailand)
Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Charatsanan Holasutsakul
Date posted 06 July 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A rarely available Senior Investment Director (Thailand) position has just become available at a Equis Funds Management. This role will be based in Bangkok, Thailand.
About theSenior Investment Director (Thailand) Role:
In this business critical role, you will provide input and oversight to the firm’s investment activities in Thailand, supporting the partnership group with in country knowledge and expertise as part of the job responsibilities.
- On the ground responsibility for origination, structuring, process, deal execution and continuous monitoring of portfolio projects
- Leading business development activities including identifying new investment and/or divestiture opportunities in power, energy and infrastructure and issue recommendations as appropriate
- Oversee preliminary analysis for investment projects, including financial analysis and due diligence
- Evaluate project strengths and weaknesses and report on them to the partnership group
- Responsible for ensuring land acquisition is conducted as appropriate, including preparation of all relevant documentation and adherence to local and national government requirements
- Build and maintain a network of appropriate industry and government contacts to ensure access to the latest information, accurately assess the market and increase investment opportunities
- Negotiate designated deals with a myriad of actual and potential stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with established transaction approval process and procedures, by the partnership and in accordance with applicable policies and budgets
- Providing high quality information and reporting to the partnership team on the Thai portfolio
- Coordinate interactions between local team and head office including portfolio management, development, finance, taxation, legal affairs and risk management and compliance
- Supervise, delegate, explain and check the work of more junior staff including investment associates
Qualified candidates will be deal makers with ‘in-country experience' and fluency in English and Thai is needed to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved that will speak and read in the languages.
- Strong Origination skills and network, preferably in Thailand with a track record of sourcing and executing deals
- Minimum of 8-10 years of leadership experience in deal origination and execution
- Extensive experience in Private Equity deal origination, M&A and/or corporate development, investment banking or strategy consulting
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical, self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of high functioning team
- Must possess diplomacy, persuasiveness, influencing and negotiating skills
- Able to work under tight deadlines and under pressure
- Good presentation skills for both external and internal stakeholders
Headquartered in Singapore Equis Funds Management is Asia’s largest independent infrastructure fund with AUM of $2.7 Billion. An investment firm specialising in Asian power, energy and infrastructure projects, it targets growth capital with a controlling stake. Due to continued expansion, the firm is seeking to increase the depth and expertise of the investment team through the appointment of a Senior Investment Director for Thailand, a key country in the firm’s strategic plans and objectives.
An excellent remuneration package will be provided for the successful candidate including an attractive basic salary, bonus and carry opportunity.If you are driven and determined, then this Senior Investment Director (Thailand) role is for you.
Apply now to discuss this opportunity.