Head of Operation - Corporate Bank
Salary Performance bonus, Medical Benefits, Provident fund
Consultant Tanakorn Toonkumthornchai
Job Ref 1808820/001
Date posted 26 May 2022bangkok banking-financial-services/operations 2022-05-26 2022-07-25 banking Bangkok TH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of Operation (x1 vacancy) job has arisen in a leading bank in Bangkok.
About the Head of Operation Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for managing branch operation of the bank to ensure all the process and procedure and the better flow of cash operation, trade operation, investment banking operation, custody operation. You will enjoy competitive base salary with performance bonus and medical benefits for this role.
- Management and oversight of the CB branch operations, ensuring adherence to policies, processes and procedures and assist in formulating new procedures
- Ensure efficient team structure through effective resource management, focusing on ensuring correct skills for roles and optimum resourcing level for the team under your remit
- Manage and mentor direct reports, actively engaging with them through team and individual meetings and the staff performance process
- Motivate, challenge, and ensure employees are cross trained as required to fulfil their roles
- Ensure compliance, audit and security requirements are met
- Drive a risk-focused culture across area of responsibility, ensuring risk items identified are tracked to remediation
- Gather, validate and objectively analyse relevant information to identify key issues, drawing sound conclusions and making decisions on the appropriate course of action
- Provide clear direction to the team and clear roadblocks within their group
- Drive a performance culture throughout the office by setting clearly defined/measurable relevant objectives and giving constructive feedback
- Establish and maintain close relationship with local and regional business and infrastructure partners
- Lead the transition of tasks to strategic hubs
- Build up the retained organisation in country, for example but not limited to:
- Ownership and management of outsourced services
- Regulatory oversight
- Interface management and close co-operation with local and global stakeholders
- Ownership of issues and incidents
- Responsibility for requirements regarding quality management, risk and control and regulatory
- Ability to structure and lead projects
To succeed in this role, you must have good communication skills in English.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant banking experience with knowledge and experience of working in an operations environment
- Deep experience in cash operations activities & knowledge of custody operations; familiar with local regulations
- Proven track record in leading and motivating teams
- A high degree of accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail
- Project management experience eg. AGILE method
- Extensive analytical skills and solution-oriented problem solving
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills, profound decision-making skills
- Strong inter-personal skills and strong leadership capabilities including delegation skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in virtual global teams
- Distinct client and service orientation
- Innovative approach to work (eg. Design thinking) and continuously identify and implement process improvements
- Structured & determined approach to work, a willingness to take ownership of problems and an effective communicator/presenter
- Able to effectively assess and mitigate program risks and dependencies
- Able to work well, apply sound judgement and make timely decisions under pressure
- Proactive and self-driven, who appreciate the challenging and dynamic business within a matrix organisation
- Highly organised and agile
- Hands on mentality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and fluent in both written and verbal
- Financial services understanding will be ideal.
- A plus if possess understanding of technology workflow or data analytic tools eg. Alteryx and/or Tableau
This company is much more than international Bank and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Operation job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications, our team will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551
Get in touch
+66 (0) 2 344 4870
Salary: health insurance and provident fundLocation: Bangkok ProvinceDate posted: 12 May 2022As a result of ongoing and continued successes both within Bangkok and internationally, this industry leader within the securities brokerage business is recruiting a Deputy Head of Compliance (x1 vacancy) to join their international division based in Bangkok.
Salary: Performance bonus , Medical benefits , Provident Fund etcLocation: BangkokDate posted: 15 June 2022An exciting VP - Corporate Tax (x1 vacancy) job has arisen in a leading corporate bank in Bangkok.
Salary: Performance bonus , Provident Fund , Medical BenefitsLocation: BangkokDate posted: 15 June 2022An exciting COO (x1 vacancy) job has arisen in leading insurance firm in Bangkok.
Salary: Performance Bonus , Medical Benefits, Provident FundLocation: BangkokDate posted: 10 May 2022One of leading digital infrastructure company which focuses on digital asset exchange business and cryptocurrency exchange (Top Tier Fintech) is looking for a CFO - Head of Finance & Accounting (x1 vacancy).
Salary: Medical Benefits , Allowance , Performance BonusLocation: BangkokDate posted: 11 May 2022An exciting Head of Operations (x1 vacancy) job has arisen in a leading financial services firm in Bangkok.