Senior Business Development
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Nuntanit Fangkanwanvong
Date posted 18 January 2019 2019-01-182019-02-18 insurance Bangkok Sathorn road TH 10120 THB 140000 170000 170000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A leading international insurance company is recruiting a talented Senior, Business Development based in Thailand (Bangkok). In this job, you will be reporting directly to the CEO.
About the Senior Business Development Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for supporting the Business Development and Strategy function in the execution of key strategic initiatives in Thailand across business units. The incumbent works as part of a team and, as required, support delivery of specific business development projects to achieve agreed financial targets and business requirements through adding value to the current business units, developing new businesses and partnerships.
- Develop and support strategy formulation and communication through high-quality presentations with concise, convincing and consistent messages
- Conduct market research on potential business opportunities or for peer bench-marking purposes
- Synthesise information and complex ideas and formulate original points of view for strategic assessment and value propositions development
- Perform financial modelling and analysis on potential business opportunities
- Demonstrate the Customer Analytics and Customer Experience value proposition all business development presentations, and proactively engage the CA, CE, Legal and BA teams in the development of business proposal and action plans
- Protect the interest of the company through active negotiation of deal structure and contract terms; ensure that the business requirements and negotiated terms are fully integrated into a properly drafted legal agreement
- Brief, negotiate with and ensure all internal and external parties agree on concepts, responsibilities, procedures, governance, priorities, and timetable for each program
- Support the company and budget holders with preparation, review and presentation of business cases to support capital investments and strategic plans
- Work in cross-functional teams to synthesise input from key stakeholders leading to fact-based analysis
- Project manage or lead projects or a sub-component of the project
- Apply frameworks and project management skills to explore key development, projects, best practices, financial and non-financial metrics that can develop result in high quality presentations delivered for executive review
To succeed in this Senior Business Development role, you should have at least seven years' relevant experience and excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent training/ experience; MBA from top program preferred
- Minimum seven years' relevant experience with at least three to five years’ experience in business development and/or strategy roles with multinational financial services companies; international experience with Asia exposure
- Experience at management consulting, digital environment is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and considerable experience in financial institutions, ideally in the insurance industry, including experience in business development and strategic planning
- Skillful in doing business research, financial and non-financial metrics, and business modelling
- Proficient in both English and Thai
This international brokerage firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Business Development role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.