Risk Management Manager
Consultant Nuntanit Fangkanwanvong
Date posted 13 November 2018 2018-11-132018-12-16 insurance 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120
An exciting Risk Management Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected insurance companies in Bangkok.
About the Risk Management Manager role:
In this business critical role (Risk Management Manager), you will be responsible for implementing an overall ERM/ORSA process for the organization, including reporting to local Risk Management Commitee, Board of Directors, Global / International Markets Risk management, Audit Committee, and Office of Insurance Commission or OIC (regulator).
- Construct an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework and related Risk Management policies that are consistent with Global ERM framework in risk identification, risk evaluation, risk monitoring / reporting, as well as management decision and execution on mitigation plans, and relevant Risk Management policies. The ERM framework and Risk Management policies must also comply with all OIC regulations regarding Risk Management
- Participate in the development of the company’s risk strategy, including delivering advices and opinions to senior management in relation to key risks facing the company and recommend on the mitigation action plans
- Assist in establishing and quantifying the company's risk appetite, risk tolerance, and risk limit
- Deliver the Risk Management reports to both internal and external stakeholders within the due dates
- Implement Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) process and deliver ORSA report to OIC on time
- Ensure corporate governance around core activities as defined in the ERM / ORSA regulation
- Lead the stress testing process to ensure that all stress scenarios impacting company’s solvency are covered and submitted to both Global ERM and OIC within due dates. This includes the recommendation on management action plans to improve the solvency position which is not limited to capital injection
- Provide support, education and training to staff to create risk awareness within the organisation
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Actuarial, Finance / Accounting, or related fields; and at least three years' relevant professional experience (e.g. Risk Management, Actuary)
- Banking or insurance background will be an advantage
- Excellent Thai/ English communication & presentation skill. Able to write a risk management report, policy, as well as presentation to management and OIC in both Thai and English due to the nature of the business
- Business / technical acumen, problem-solving and decision-making, analytical skills, detail oriented, influencing and negotiating skills
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Risk Management Manager.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.