Assistant Manager, Motor Claims
Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Nuntanit Fangkanwanvong
Date posted 19 July 2018 2018-07-192018-09-11 insurance 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting new Assistant Manager, Motor Claims job opportunity has been made available at an insurance company in Thailand.
About the Assistant Manager, Motor Claims Role:
The primary focus of the Assistant Manager, Motor Claims will be responsible for ensuring that claims are handled promptly, equitably and economically with policies, protocols, and standards (from claims creation to settlement) to archive objectives related to customer satisfaction, quality, productivity, and good faith claims handling practices.
- Monitor claims function to ensure the department meets the company objectives. Decisive action taken when results are not meeting objectives
- Interact with the Country Manager and participates as required in meetings and activities with all departments. Interacts cross-functionally with underwriting, marketing, customer care, finance, office & HR admin and IT to be distributing staff regarding claims, trends, and other issues
- Prepare a draft annual budget for the motor claims department in accordance with pre-set budget preparation procedures
- Develop and update the motor claims policies and procedures and claims guidelines
- Review and recommend settlement and expense authority for claims personnel to ensure that the claims staffs is following company procedure and that benefits are paid to those who are eligible
- Review and analyse the claims staffing analysis reports in order to achieve the most effective and efficient use of managerial, technical and clerical claims
- Develop claims management personnel by conducting periodic training sessions, through guidance, supervision and written and verbal communication
- Maintain good relationship with all contracted networks and service providers including approved workshop, dealer repair shops, windscreen repair shops, external surveyors, external loss adjuster, spare parts vendors, towing truck companies, salvage dealers, and others
- Review tariffs and negotiate contract terms with service providers and continuously strive to improve the contract terms and conditions in favour of the company
- Comply with the company working practices and business ethics
To succeed in this role, you must have a relevant Bachelor's degree or higher.
- At least five years of claims experience, preferably with multinational companies
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and motivate the team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Respect for confidential information
This international insurance company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. They operate insurance companies in Hong Kong and Singapore and in Thailand. They value their people to be self-motivated, accountable, think out of the box and enjoy having the chance to shine.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Assistant Manger, Motor Claims.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.