Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Nuntanit Fangkanwanvong
Date posted 08 June 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
The primary focus of the job, Underwriting Manager (at a company in the insurance industry in Bangkok, Thailand) will be managing motor insurance products, developing other personal lines products and implementing policies and processes to ensure the highest level of risk underwriting, cost control and compliance.
About the Underwriting Manager Role:
In this job, you are expected to develop, manage and enhance a portfolio of products to support sales and profit targets.
- Oversee the day-to-day running of the UW operations
- Design and execute strategies to deliver a differentiated product experience to our customers
- Support and maintain the company’s philosophy and values; lead by example and be a key role model in living the DirectAsia.com values
- Develop and drive a culture that supports coaching, developing and motivating employees to perform to their highest standards
- Contribute to both the strategic and tactical planning of the business
- Ensure that all budget and performance targets are met or exceeded, including profitability of the portfolio
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly reviews of operational performance and provide management reports
- Continuous improvement in our work process to ensure better work efficiency
- Create an open communication environment with customer champions to ensure underwriting practices are accurate and adhered to
- Work closely with Marketing on segmentation strategy and in designing campaigns/offers to enhance portfolio mix and increase profitability
- Be active member of the Thailand leadership team to drive company strategy and vision through the underwriting team
- Lead the portfolio function for Thailand to drive the optimal portfolio mix monitor
To succeed in this role, you must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or related field. You will also need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Statistical or Actuarial degree is an advantage
- Minimum five years of experience in underwriting, pricing and new business or other related fields in non-life insurance industry, preferred experience in Motor Underwriting
- Knowledge of Thai Motor Policy Terms and Thai Motor Tariff
- Marketing and Customer Focus and Result Orientation
- Ability to respond quickly to Customer Service/Sales
- Demonstrated ability to manage own workload and effectively prioritise activities
- Technology/system assessment skills
- Leadership with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent English communication skills in order to communicate effectively to stakeholders involved that will speak and read in the language
- Computer literacy
The company is from an insurance industry in Bangkok, Thailand.
If you are driven and determined, then this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Underwriting Manager job position.
Apply today to further discuss this opportunity.