Head of Financial Risk Management
Salary Excellent Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Hataya Jivagunchainan
Date posted 25 April 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
As the Head of Financial Risk Management, you get the opportunity to identify, assess and monitor the financial risk (eg. credit, market, liquidity and insurance) exposures against local/PCA’s financial risk appetite and limits and challenge action(s) taken in case of breach.
About the Head of Financial Risk Management Role:
In this business critical role you will lead and provide oversight and challenge on the financial risk management exposure including supporting risk committee, asset and liability committee and audit committee on financial risk related matters. You will oversee risks associated with capital and arising from management of capital position on different basis (eg. local regulatory/Solvency II) and the sensitivities in PLT.
- Oversee the methodology and assessment of key Solvency ratios and sensitivities/risk drivers
- Product development and pricing; this includes liaising with the key stakeholders to ensure the products (eg. features, the pricing elements and other conditions) create value within the risk appetite, support the product development team in the product risk management during the product development phase, review the product risks and articulate the risks to the local stakeholders as well as giving guidance to local risk pricing team regarding to the product risk identification, assessment and management policies
- Articulate the key financial risks faced to the risk committees via the risk management pack
- Represent risk team to participate in various first line and second line committees; this includes risk mitigation (such as persistency/claims) and decision committees/projects
- Develop effective working relationships with all key stakeholders eg. finance & actuarial, investment managers and regional colleagues
- Instill the financial risk management practice such as training and workshop to the first line
To succeed in this Head of Financial Risk Management job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with business stakeholders.
- Minimum seven years of experience of life insurance involving in product development/pricing, experience studies, reinsurance or financial reporting
- Experience and knowledge in Solvency II, EEV, IFRS and risk management will be an asset
- Requires excellent communication, influencing, negotiating and broad organisational skills
- Must be able to effectively work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to articulate complex technical issues in clear and concise manner
- Excellent command in both written and spoken English
This top international insurance company needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The company is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Head of Financial Risk Management role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.