Head of Legal (VP)
Consultant Sarocha Thomas
Date posted 13 November 2018 2018-11-132018-12-17 financial-services 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120
An exciting Head of Legal role has just become available by one of the most respectable financial services companies in Bangkok.
About the Head of Legal Role:
Your key responsibilities are to ensure the activities are well managed from the legal perspective of risk management and that risks occurred from all transactions and activities are properly mitigated.
- Ensure that the group legal policies are applied
- Lead the subordinated team to accomplish the strategies of organisation as well as identify room for improvement and continuously enhance the effectiveness and efficiency on legal advice
- Manage local litigation and pre-litigation disputes
- Develop and update standard agreements and other legal templates, relating to various transactions including account opening, loan facility and security documentation, transaction banking documentation including cash management and trade services
- Manage and supervise relations with local external legal counsels in compliance with the Group Legal policy
- Identify and analyse legal risks and issues quickly, be responsive and provide comprehensive solutions
To succeed in the Head of Legal role, you should possess at least ten years' experience in legal counselling function in wholesale banking or in financial services practice with prestigious law firm.
- LL.B or LL.M from recognised university
- Qualified lawyer with relevant post qualification experience
- Experience in a Financial Institution or in legal private practice
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Good command of written and spoken English and Thai due to the nature of the business
- Has management experience in legal field with strong leadership and service mind
This international bank is recognised as leader in their field of expertise. Joining with them, you will have tremendous international working exposure to the regional team and sharing of global practice.
If you have a successful track record of leadership position in legal services, you can take your career forward with this exciting Head of Legal role.
Apply now for this new opportunity.