Head of Legal - VP (Banking)
Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Charatsanan Holasutsakul
Date posted 24 March 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An international bank is seeking a Head of Legal (VP) to oversee the overall legal matters of the banking business.
About the Head of Legal - VP (Banking) role:
Your key responsibilities are to ensure the bank’s activities are well managed from the legal perspective of risk management and that risks occurred from all transactions and activities are properly mitigated.
- Undertake effective legal advice for the bank’s legal documents and internal documents related to the bank’s business in both finance transactions and operational structure including all expansions and modifications of the bank’s business to avoid unexpected legal risk
- Extensively analyse complex issues impact to work process, improve, change or adapt existing methods across the function
- Develop operational plan for legal function and approve legal task, documentation, implementation and work manuals
- Lead the subordinated team to accomplish the strategies of organisation as well as identify room for improvement and continuously enhance the effectiveness and efficiency on legal advice
- Coach and advise team on operations and provide consultation on issues that require solutions
- Instruct and liaise with external solicitors in relation to all matters which require the benefit of external counsel’s expertise including matters involving litigation
- Liaise with legal teams in parent bank and other location for legal case
- Disseminate relevant legal materials in the form of law update, policy statements, guidelines and opinion which have an impact on the Bank’s business to provide legal guidance and education in respect of the bank’s activities and operations
To succeed in this Head of Legal - VP (Banking) role, you should have minimum ten years' direct experience in legal advisory role preferably within banking business or law firms.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Laws/Business Law
- Strong experience in corporate banking sector and capital market industries
- Litigation experience with strong focus on banking business
- Has management experience in legal field with strong leadership and service mind
- A proven record of successfully handling multiple responsibilities
- Good communication skills and fluent in both English and Thai
With the strong network of clients, you will gain tremendous experience to deal with top-tier client and its executive management.
If you have a successful track record of legal services, you can take your career forward with this exciting Head of Legal - VP (Banking) role.
Apply now to this new opportunity.