Assistant Compliance Manager
Consultant Sarocha Thomas
Date posted 18 January 2019 2019-01-182019-02-16 insurance 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A new Assistant Compliance Manager job based in Bangkok has just become available at a leading financial services firm.
About Assistant Compliance Manager Role:
In this critical role, you will be covering all aspects of AML/CFT/FATCA. There will be endless opportunities for you to demonstrate your capabilities as you report directly to the Head of Compliance.
- Assist with the development and management of a compliance process
- Provide assistance in preparing for impending regulatory changes or revisions
- Handle the management and execution of second line monitoring and assessment program for Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorism Financing (AML/CFT), including Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- Improve and maintain AML/CFT/FATCA policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with regulatory framework put in place by local and international stakeholders
- Identify and inform of any changes to legislation and other regulatory requirements relating to AML/CFT/FATCA
- Provide oversight to the operational team, which acts as the first line monitors (QA) and investigators of suspicious activity
- Liaise with management to develop investigative strategies
- Provide relevant compliance reporting to ensure the completion and proper analysis of suspicious activity reports that have been conducted
- Ensure detailed and prompt investigation of all AML/CFT incidents and cases
- Manage the resolution of cases through internal and external communications
- Help with identifying any AML/CFT/FATCA loopholes and coordinating projects to bridge those gaps
- Develop and execute face-to-face training for staff in various business units as required
To succeed in the Assistant Compliance Manager job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with senior teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Degree in a law or business discipline
- Three to five years' experience working (preferable)
- Experience developing and implementing compliance programs
- Team player with the ability to work unsupervised
- Exceptional analytically and investigative skills
- Willingness to work on various compliance issues
- Good English verbal and written communication skills
- Able to read and write Thai language
This company needs no introduction and offers a great working environment. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Assistant Compliance Manager job.
Apply today for this new opportunity.