Head of Legal and Compliance
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Sarocha Thomas
Date posted 14 September 2018 2018-09-142018-11-12 insurance 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
About the Head of Legal and Compliance Role: In this Head of Legal and Compliance role, you will be managing all issues related to regulatory issues and requirements for day-to-day operations. You will be working alongside with regional office and CFO in Thailand to carry forward strategy and assist with implementation.
About the Head of Legal and Compliance Role:
In this role, you will be managing all issues related to regulatory issues and requirements for day-to-day operations. You will be working alongside with regional office and CFO in Thailand to carry forward strategy and assist with implementation.
• Update and monitor current rules and regulations from local regulator and group policy for further recommendations for business units
• Review and draft policy wording and check legal compliance of product filing for all insurance products
• Ensure compliance with global policy and local regulations
• Conduct training for internal staff
• Compile compliance reports and other necessities per monthly requirements
• Liaise with local and group regulators and auditors
• Provide legal advice to matters related to operation of insurance company, ranging from labour issues to the implementation of the insurance law
To succeed in the role, you should possess a minimum of 5 years' experience in multinational organisations with a particular focus on Legal and Compliance.
• Admission as a Legal Practitioner
• At least 5 years' experience and knowledge in local financial services industry
• Broad knowledge of financial and insurance services is preferred
• Solid understanding and exposure in Compliance, Financial Crime and Risk management functions
• Good level of Thai and English both written and verbal due to the nature of the business
• Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
This company is much more than financial services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
Apply now for this new exciting opportunity.