Regulatory Compliance (AVP)
Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Sarocha Thomas
Date posted 10 August 2018 2018-08-102018-10-09 banking 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting new Regulatory Compliance (AVP) job opportunity has been made available at a firm in the banking industry. As the Regulatory Compliance (AVP), you will be in charge of managing day-to-day operation of the internal compliance procedure and ensure that all are in relation to regulatory, head office rules and legal compliance.
About the Regulatory Compliance (AVP) Role:
As the Regulatory Compliance (AVP), you will cover all aspects of local regulatory, regulations of Bank of Thailand and other related competent authorities. There will be endless opportunities for you to demonstrate your capabilities as you will report directly to the Head of Compliance.
- Review business contracts and provide inputs pertaining to compliance aspects
- Investigate compliance incidents and special projects
- Disseminate the new/change/revoke rules/regulation to all relevant departments
- Conduct a study meeting for the high impact regulation and identify action to be taken
- Monitor newly establishment or revision of relevant laws and regulations from several regulators eg. BOT, SEC, AMLO and etc. and announce the information to relevant departments in the Bank to specify any impacts on the existing business; this includes coordination with bank’s management and other departments to streamline the relevant process through clarifying the regulatory requirements and advising on how to best ensure compliance
- Collaborate with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution; consult with the legal or corporate attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues
To succeed in the Regulatory Compliance (AVP) job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with various teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum five years of experience in the fields of banking and finance from risk management, audit or compliance function
- Ability to create presentations and provide training in a classroom or group setting
- Excellent communication skills in Thai and English with good interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved that will speak and read in the languages
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook on a Windows PC
- Must be able to effectively communicate with various stakeholders
This company needs no introduction and offers a great working environment. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Regulatory Compliance (AVP) role.
Apply now for this great opportunity.