AVP - Compliance
Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Sarocha Thomas
Date posted 29 April 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting opportunity as the AVP - Compliance has just become available in which you will be responsible for conducting the risk assessment in order to identify the low, medium and risk areas.
About the AVP - Compliance Role:
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, you will play crucial role in limiting organisation's risk exposure to reasonable level and assessing risk performed in the country and contributing to the risk assessment.
- Be responsible for conduct effective compliance reviews or compliance testing under the BOT’s regulations in order to assess and identify the issues and deliver clear and concise findings and recommendation in written report format to management
- Advise to applicable business units or risk management or supporting units to control gaps of non-compliance with laws
- Prepare planning and ongoing management of the compliance review or compliance testing schedule
- Assist in compliance related matter eg. provide advisories on day to day work to banking products and services, communication with regulators and the bank’s staff during examination by regulators or internal regulators
- Be responsible to provide the advisories to various business or supporting units in relation to BOT’s regulations focusing on the retail businesses and exchange control regulation and OIC’s regulations
- Summarise the new regulations announced on quarterly basis to notify the audit committee and relevant senior management of such regulations
- Be responsible to monitor the SLL monitoring report from risk policy dept and monitor FX & treasury back office
- Be responsible to perform the tasks in relation to office of insurance commission (OIC) eg. report the in and out of insurance staff to OIC, conduct mysterious shopping and report (back up staff)
- Perform the tasks as assigned by Head of Compliance
To succeed in the AVP - Compliance job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with various teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Degree holder in Business Administration/Accounting/Law/Finance or related discipline
- Fluent in Thai and English
- More than five years of experience in compliance field from banking/insurance industry
- Knowledge of regulatory framework and the regulatory environment within banking and financial services
- Attention to detail with enquiring analytical mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the confidence to approach people at all levels of seniority
- Articulate, confident communicator with good writing skills
- Self-motivated with good teamwork skills
This organisation needs no introduction and offers a great working environment. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this AVP - Compliance job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.