AML Compliance (up to VP)
Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Sarocha Thomas
Date posted 06 March 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting opportunity as a AML Compliance (up to VP) has just become available in which you will be responsible to act as a key person to communicate new/updated regulations and internal policies related to AML/sanctions and financial securities and liaise with regional AML/sanctions compliance.
About the AML Compliance (up to VP) Role:
You will play crucial role in limiting organisation's risk exposure to reasonable level. As the AML Compliance (up to VP), you will be providing advise including but not limited to AML/sanctions.
- Perform transaction monitoring on AML/sanctions matter, review AML/sanctions related alerts and identify suspicious activities
- Conduct controls to ensure that rules and principles set by the regulators and group policies are complied, especially regulatory and internal requirements AML/sanctions and financial securities
- Assist to liaise with local regulatory bodies and associations (eg. the Bank of Thailand, Association of International Banks, Securities and Exchange Commission, Anti Money Laundering Office and National Counter Corruption Commission and etc.)
- Advises and guides business units on regulatory, policy and compliance process requirements to ensure compliance with new or existing regulations and best practices
- Assist to identify systemic/operational/procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements for the bank
- Advises and consults on proposed new products, services and initiatives with regard to compliance obligations and corresponding compliance risks and mitigating controls; reviews/identifies regulatory impact and approves recommended controls
To succeed in the AML Compliance (up to VP) job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with various teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Degree holder in Business Administration/Accounting/Law/Finance or related discipline
- Fluent in Thai and English
- More than five years of experience in AML compliance field from banking industry
- Commercial and/or consumer compliance experience
- Knowledge of regulatory framework and the regulatory environment within banking and financial services
- Attention to detail with enquiring analytical mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the confidence to approach people at all levels of seniority
- Articulate, confident communicator with good writing skills
- Self-motivated with good teamwork skills
This company needs no introduction and offers a great working environment. The culture is demanding but if you confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting AML Compliance (up to VP) job.
Apply today for this new opportunity.