Salary Competitive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Suchanasa Nantanapramoth
Date posted 11 June 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A world renowned housing product manufacturer is seeking an experienced Legal Manager to take on a newly created role. In this job, you will be responsible for all legal-related functions.
About the Legal Manager Role:
Reporting directly to the Country General Manager, you will implement and develop local legal process and activities.
- Lead commercial contract drafting and negotiations including supply agreement, distribution agreements, vendor service agreements, projects agreement and etc.
- Review and analyse advertising, marketing campaigns, packaging, promotion, commercial tie-in and direct marketing issues
- Develops and recommends innovative process improvements to effectively address business needs
- Provide legal advice on corporate governance, employment matters, IP and case management of legal and compliance issues across Thailand and neighbouring countries
- Manage dispute resolutions and litigation in Thailand
- Identifies work to be outsourced, participates in selection and management of external lawyers, their fee arrangements and service levels
- Contract management and spot audits on all contracting process
- Monitor and determine the impact of regulatory requirements and changes including employment, competition law, anti-trust, intellectual property, environmental health & safety, land/real estate and etc.
- Develop strategies and techniques to identify and mitigate potential legal, regulatory or compliance risk
- Conduct regular review of the organisation's compliance, ethics and personnel training policies
To succeed in this role, you will need to train new and current employees on the organisation's legal & compliance policies and act as a contact person for the organisation's employees regarding compliance issues.
- Typically six to ten years commercial legal experience; relevant in-house experience in MNC highly desirable
- JD or equivalent degree from a leading university and law school required
- Licensed to practice law in Thailand and/or the US, UK or other common law jurisdiction
- The ideal candidate will have a strong commercial contract and general corporate experience as well in-depth understanding of Thai law and practices
- A client-focused approach embodying an understanding of the demands of the business and ability to deliver user-friendly advice and support in a timely manner, coupled with a proactive and ambitious nature with a desire to help find solutions
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, interpersonal skills and presentation ability
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Maturity and the ability to make decisions and exercise discretionary authority necessary to successfully perform job duties
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across time zones
- Excellent drafting and negotiations skills in both English and Thai
The successful Legal Manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are a progressive Legal Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.