Salary Excellent Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Suchanasa Nantanapramoth
Date posted 13 April 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A leading international retail business is seeking a high-calibre Compliance Manager in Bangkok to manage compliance risk across the full breadth of the business to support and facilitate continued commercial success of the business.
About the Compliance Manager Role:
You will lead, own, develop and implement compliance strategy/internal control/audit plan and drive compliance agenda hereby ensuring the organisation operates with strong and effective control environment as well as complies with group/local policy and market regulation. You will assess and identify potential risks and internal control compliance through on-going monitoring or periodic compliance audits and escalating these risks to the appropriate operational and functional management to close the audit and risk issue.
- Lead and implement the internal control and compliance agenda, thereby ensuring the business team is provided with adequate and appropriate support; this will include implementing the group’s and/or required policies
- Identify potential risks and internal control compliance through on-going monitoring or periodic compliance audits and escalating these risks to the appropriate operational and functional management
- Ensure effective communication and understanding of the compliance framework, importance and implications;
- Detect and report to appropriate management any violation or deviation from standards and practices including the code of conduct, laws and other misconduct
- Coordinate audits performed by Group Internal Auditor and support the implementation of post audit recommendations
- Partner with Group Internal Auditor in driving and coordinating specific internal control related improvements to systems and processes
- Summarise and communicates audit progress and findings to various levels of management, both live and in written materials
- Conduct routine and ad hoc follow-up from previous auditing activities to ensure corrective actions or other remedies have been sufficiently completed in a timely manner
- Develop relationships with personnel across functions and teams and provide coaching and compliance guidance as needed or otherwise appropriate
- Manage insurance matter and coordinate with group and required function for investigation, claim and reporting in order to protect the company risk exposure and comply to group insurance policy
- Lead loss and prevention team to perform stock take at warehouse and retail store to reduce stock losses. Implement in-store security programs and required process that focus on reducing inventory losses due to theft, fraud shoplifting and accounting errors
- Lead store audit team to perform cash audit, sales reconciliation and store cash collection to reduce risk exposure
- Interact with store personnel when dishonestly or carelessness occurs; perform investigation, report or implement required process and policy associated to the fraud and any misconduct related to company asset, cash, stock and advantage card to minimise exposure
- Lead, manage and support crisis management program through BCP and BIA to maintain business continuity planning requirements; ensure plans are completed qualitatively and recovery strategies are aligned with business requirements and 'fit for purpose'
To succeed in this role, you will need to lead and improve direct reports performance through regular performance reviews and coaching. You will also need to build bench strength and maintain the learning culture for everyone, retain good talent in the team and ensure hiring good talent when required and provide timely feedback and guidance to develop individuals, especially those with the most potential.
- University graduate in Accounting/Finance with a professional audit and compliance qualification
- Excellent functional finance skills in accounting, controllership, compliance and audit
- More than ten years in a strong compliance and commercial environment
- Experience working in/for international businesses
- Knowledge about US listed company, FCPA, UK Bribery Act are a plus
- SAP knowledge is a plus
- Excellent, communication (written and verbal), fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written and presentation skills, cross-functional collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics, integrity and accountability with ability to maintain independence, autonomy and confidentiality
- Strong business partnering skills and decision making ability in a collaborative style
- Demonstrated maturity to work effectively and independently with diversified cultural environment
- Ability to influence, negotiate, resolve conflicts, establish credibility, trust and partnership at all levels of the organisation
- Willingness to travel to conduct training and reviews within area of responsibility as and when required to locations across Thailand
This leading global firm has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. With a 20 year history in Thailand this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you are a progressive Compliance Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.