Legal Ethics and Compliance Manager
Salary Attractive Benefits
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Vorubsorn Pongsiribanyat
Date posted 22 March 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A leading international manufacturing and trading business is seeking a high-calibre Legal Ethics and Compliance Manager in Bangkok to support a large, complex business unit with a regional.
About the Legal Ethics and Compliance Manager Role:
Reporting to the Legal Director and Ethics & Compliance Director, you will lead all legal, compliance and ethics matter in regional level. You will be in charge to advice the counter party and be the business partner who can help drive the business to grow within the rules and regulations.
- Legal advice: proactively advise management of business for which the counsel has prime responsibility in decisions were advice is requested and take care of legal analyses to support these decisions, within the corporate guidelines, in order to ensure legal awareness in decision making and to minimise legal risks
- Legal documentation (eg. contracts): review and draft legal documentation for the business entities, in line with demands of the internal client and complying with relevant legislation and internal policies
- Claims management: handle claims from those parts of the business for which the legal counsel has prime responsibility; the aforementioned excludes material claims (which the group litigation counsel handles)
- Legal policies: together with the senior legal counsel, implement legal policies in those parts of the business for which the legal counsel has prime responsibility
- Risk management: identify legal risks and propose ways to mitigate these risks
- M&A and disposals: support Senior Legal Counsel and Legal Director in M&A and disposal projects
- Reporting: regularly check, report and evaluate risks in those parts of the business for which the legal counsel has prime responsibility using standard reports/evaluation forms
- Awareness: create awareness and emphasise the importance of E&C throughout region
- E&C policies and procedures: profound understanding of existing and new policies and procedures, assist OpCo management to implement, operate and monitor these
- Code of Ethics: promote adherence to company ethical standards and drive a culture of openness and transparency
- Training: provide E&C training to target groups in the cluster
- E&C Committee: act as the secretary to the company - Asia Ethics & Compliance Committee to ensure this committee has a comprehensive overview of E&C culture and processes within its cluster
The successful candidate must possess at least eight years of experience and have the ability to work on their own initiative.
- A generalist having sound knowledge of and expertise in contract and company law and basic knowledge of competition, labour and regulatory laws and regulations
- Experience in drafting/ratifying a variety of agreements (commercial, R&D)
- Experience or at least affinity with implementation of ethics and compliance programs
- Approximately seven to ten years of experience in an international corporate/business oriented environment
- Negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Pro-active and quality-driven attitude
- Business acumen, attention to the bigger picture
- Problem solving ability
- Risk assessment capability
- Team player, collaborative, inclusive and transparent
- Pragmatic and (internal) client focused approach, financial awareness
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English
This is much more than a manufacturing and trading company and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you have a successful track record of Legal Ethics and Compliance Manager and enjoy working in MNCs environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting role.
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.