Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Vorubsorn Pongsiribanyat
Date posted 17 March 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A world-leading chemical firm is recruiting a Legal Counsel in Bangkok to join their team. In this job, you will be responsible for leading the business in its next phase of growth.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
This is a great opportunity for the Legal Counsel to develop platform and processes. Your main responsibility is to support other party to drive the business within the legal and compliance aspects.
- Provide legal and compliance advice to support the business and activities of the company entities in Thailand covering the whole range of general corporate and commercial law and in order to ensure that the company proposed activities, policies, business practices and transactions comply with all relevant laws and regulations
- Draft and review of a wide range of commercial agreements/contracts for the company entities in Thailand (including contracts, agreements and other legal documents relating to trade, commercial financial and operational matters of such the company entities)
- Liaison and communicate with relevant government departments and regulatory agencies as and when required (including processing applications for licenses and permits and obtaining necessary approvals from local authorities)
- Advise and work on any adhoc projects; including any merger and acquisition activities and local, regional and global projects
- Manage litigation cases, disputes or claims by or against the company Thai
- Manage and maintain the local contract database
- Coordination with local regional legal department in Hong Kong and Singapore and liaison with management of external lawyers
- Inform and update the regional legal department on new developments concerning Thailand’s laws and regulations
- Assist the company Thai Compliance Officer in the monitoring and enforcement of, and in other matters relating to, the company values and principles and the company Thai’s Code of Conduct
The successful Legal Counsel will be business acumen, entrepreneurial and driven.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Law
- At least seven years working experience as an in-house Legal Advisor for a multinational company or in a local/international law firm
- Good academic and career record to-date
- Good analytical, drafting and communication skills
- Able to work independently, proactively and provide sound business-oriented solutions
- Strong ability to prioritise tasks and workload
- Good computer skills (MS Office)
- Good command of Thai and excellent in English language
- Able to travel periodically
- Ability to work within a limited time frame and compliance with deadlines
The successful Legal Counsel will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment in prime area offices.
If you are a progressive Lawyer with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.