Sr. Legal Manager - Compliance
Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Vorubsorn Pongsiribanyat
Date posted 17 March 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A leading international retail business is seeking a high-calibre Sr. Legal Manager - Compliance in Bangkok to support a large, complex business unit within Thailand.
About the Sr. Legal Manager - Compliance Role:
In this business critical role you will define the broad business development strategy, delivering the highest quality service alongside stakeholder and other counter parties. You will also take the lead and provide direction to all legal/compliance related activities.
- Advise the business on all compliance matters and manage risks and reputation; provide advisories to the business; assist business units in operationalising compliance policies & guidelines and regulatory requirements
- Implement the group’s and local compliance policies; own the compliance blueprint locally and support Legal Director to organise risk & compliance committee meetings and report to the group
- Performing periodic review & testing on key activities undertaken by the various business units to ensure compliance
- Have close communication with senior management and colleagues across the functions; engage the management on the importance of good ethics and compliance
- Provide the management with accurate analysis of key compliance issues and risks to enable fully informed and timely decisions
- Scan the horizon and manage the impact of current and future regulatory challenges
- Lead the pro-active engagement of local regulatory authorities in order to build positive and beneficial relationships
- Support the conduct of material compliance investigations (if required)
- Provide advice and coaching to the team on the development of their compliance capabilities
- Manage costs and resource effectively
To succeed in this role you must have the ability to lead effectively and possess a keen understanding of legal and compliance.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Laws
- At least ten years of service in legal, compliance, risk or related field is preferable
- Experience in international organisations
- Experience in Anti-Bribery, Anti-Money Laundering, data privacy and/or Competition Law Programs is a plus
- Good command of English
- High achievement drive and good teamwork player; bigger picture thinker
- Proactive, professional and flexible approach to work; excellent project management skills
- Ability to hold the line to ensure business remains legal and ethical
- Ability to communicate complex compliance issues in a simple and understandable way; good questioning and reasoning skills, excellent communication skills is also required; maturity and ability to interact responsively and tactfully with staff at all levels
- Confident and able to work on own initiatives whilst maintaining a positive team spirit at all times
The successful Sr. Legal Manager - Compliance will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you have a successful track record of Senior Legal Manager and enjoy working in a team environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting Sr. Legal Manager - Compliance role.
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.