Head of FP&A
Salary Competitive Package
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Suchanasa Nantanapramoth
Date posted 14 September 2018 2018-09-142018-11-03 accountancy 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A leading international retail business is seeking a high-calibre Head of FP&A in Bangkok to support its next phase of growth.
About the Head of FP&A Role:
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will ensure that company is achieving financial and non-financial targets. You will supervise team, develop business initiatives, forecast, review and partner across business units.
- Facilitate the annual P&L budgeting process and subsequent monthly/quarterly forecasts
- Perform periodic variance analysis of budgeted, forecast and actual financial performance, clearly interpreting and documenting variance drivers
- Author periodic written management reports summarising P&L performance and variance analysis results
- Support all business unit managers in periodic financial and operational performance reviews, helping to draft presentations that clearly articulate the story implied by the analytic findings/insights
- Assist in identifying and implementing financial and operationally relevant Key Performance Indicators across and within respective business units
- Proactively develop the business unit managers’ proficiency in interpreting and acting on financial/quantitative metrics to improve organisational performance; assist them, in conjunction with the operations team, to develop and measure actionable plans
- Proactively analyse the financial stability (profitability) of individual accounts (clients), identify drivers and make recommendations
- Support business unit managers in developing financial information for pricing submissions
- Assist in establishing and maintaining various reusable reporting templates
- Take an active role in further developing financial reporting and analysis policies and procedures, producing high quality documentation as needed
- Execute ad-hoc financial/quantitative analysis and various reporting requests in support of business unit and corporate managers
To succeed in this role, you will need to maintain a working knowledge of current principles and methodologies in financial reporting; profit planning, cost accounting and profitability analysis best-practices as they apply to service organisations.
- BS in Finance, Accounting, or related field; an MBA is preferred
- Eight to ten years of success in development and execution of financial planning processes, financial analyses, management reporting and business metrics
- Three to five years of FP&A management experience
- Strong data analysis skills; financial/business modelling experience a plus
- High proficiency in MS Office, particularly with Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Functional knowledge of financial reporting systems and methodologies
- Effective oral and written communication skills with a strong ability to efficiently communicate financial results to both financially and non-financially oriented persons
- Initiative; originate productive actions without specific instructions; generate new ideas, processes and approaches to meet business needs
- Flexibility; someone who is adaptive to frequent changes in priorities, organisation and strategy; flexible to deadlines with short lead times
- Ability to balance multiple, diverse priorities and produce deliverable of high quality
- Consummate professionalism and ability to communicate with all levels of an organisation
This leading global firm has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. With over 20 year history in Thailand this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you are a progressive Head of FP&A with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.