Salary THB150000 - THB180000 per month + + provident fund
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Kanruthai Somchitrmool
Date posted 08 October 20192019-10-08 2019-12-07 manufacturing-and-production Bangkok TH THB 150000 180000 180000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A challenging Accounting Controller (x1 vacancy) job with managerial opportunity in a global chemical manufacturing companies based in Bangkok has just become available.
About the Accounting Controller Role:
Reporting to the Regional Accounting Controller, you will be Thailand accounting leader who will be the focal point of the operational stakeholders i.e. commercial teams, manufacturing sites to meet the company's financial accounting and reporting objectives.
The salary range for this role is THB 150K-180K per month + provident fund.
- Monitor the quality of the balance sheet and income statement for the reporting entities in collaboration with the Business Units, FP&A, Controllers
- Responsible for the periodic month reporting to the region and business unit for the assigned legal entities to ensure quality of reporting
- Co- develop specific guidelines across company one set of minimum requirements for the balance sheet review to ensure that meets the requirements of the accounting controller
- Ensure compliance with IFRS, local and statutory and fiscal requirements for the respective legal entities
- Responsible as first point of local contact of the country accounting organisation
- Drive standardisation in the local retained accounting processes and standards within the finance organisation
- Proactively inform the relevant local stakeholders on the outcome of the balance sheet review and indicate potential risk and opportunities on treatments, processes or interactions to ensure the quality of financial reporting
- Responsible for raising IFRS business partnering challenges and liaise with the relevant parties to ensure the best suitable business solution
- Prioritise and facilitate to embed the change in close cooperation with the relevant stakeholders as part of the wider finance improvement plan
- Initiate and implement cross departmental improvements within the local finance and bring these to the attention of the Head of Finance Operations and Regional Accounting Controllers for worldwide implementation
- Responsible for the review, signing and filing of the statutory reporting of the relevant legal entities
- Accountable for the contact with experts i.e. tax, internal and external auditors to obtain the accurate and complete information to produce in a timely manner the correct information for reporting
- Accountable for the sign off / review of the internal control related processes
- Accountable for driving, monitoring and signing off of on treasury / insurance/ pension policies (FX policies, dividend process funding proposal, top ups, deficits, related entries)
To succeed in this Accounting Controller role, you will need to be able to work in a matrix organisation and be able to lead the team in different locations and work closely with the internal stakeholders.
- At least Bachelor degree in Accounting
- At least five years' managerial experience within accounting and financial reporting function
- Strong leadership skills- Initiating, driving and implementing change in line with the outline strategy for retained accounting by focusing on delivering goals and at the same time facilitate the process in a manner to encourage others to understand and embrace the change in their way of working
- Hands on, proactive, able to work in a fast paced matrix organisation, multitasking, strong requirement to connect with people of various cultures and building bridges
- Proven track record in being resourceful: capable of analysing complex processes and issues under severe time pressure and bring solutions and suggestions to business teams for finance, accounting and the underlying processes and principles
- Proactively and effectively communication with finance and business leadership
- Possess people management skills with the ability to build strong teams and indirectly lead and inspire others
- Fluent in English, both verbal as well as in writing
This global chemical manufacturing company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this challenging Accounting Controller job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551