Financial Controller - ASEAN
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Suchanasa Nantanapramoth
Date posted 04 February 2019 2019-02-042019-04-05 accountancy Bangkok TH THB 150000 200000 200000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th
An international pharmaceutical company is looking for a high-calibre Financial Controller - ASEAN/Thailand in Bangkok. In this job, you will lead all finance-related functions with a regional remit.
About the Financial Controller - ASEAN/Thailand Role:
The Financial Controller’s main responsibilities include leading the controllership function of the affiliate ensuring accurate and timely reporting of all closing activities. Initiates and leads change and transformation to improve functional effectiveness, quality and standardisation across the affiliate. Develop, set and maintain all necessary financial controls, alert systems and processes to ensure data integrity.
- Develop and maintain all necessary financial controls, systems and processes to ensure data integrity as well as the efficient and effective delivery of accurate area management accounts and statutory accounts. Perform monthly summary review prior to submitting data
- Communicate effectively and build strong relationships across the whole affiliate and within the finance community to develop financial awareness and ensure confidence in controllership to corporate management
- Ensure effective financial accountability and governance and management of the business across all functions and departments
- Build effective internal and external partnerships with global accounting and corporate accounting groups, banks and service providers to exchange and implement best practices and align standardisation across ASEAN
- Work closely with GBS & global process owners & other country controllers to ensure transformation direction and timing is aligned, and best practice is shared and learned
- Initiate up-date and review of General Accounting, Purchase to Pay, Standard Operating Procedures on a regular basis and ensure that relevant employees are trained
- Ensure SOP's are followed and adhered to by all departments and employees
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Liaise effectively with internal and external auditors
- Communicate, plan and organise resources for the targeted external audits. Similarly plan and allocate resources for the SOX audit and corporate financial audits as required
- Continually adapt to the changing business and organisation and initiate resource optimisation and continued process improvements to ensure sufficient controls and compliance
- Review and approve general accounting activities including: account analysis and reconciliation, manual payments etc.
- Review and approve the monthly Trial Balance package (package provided by the SSC)
- First line approval of SOX documentation and control activities throughout the year, as appropriate
- Consult with CFO or Regional Controllers on unique or complex accounting transactions
- Provide accounting guidance to business development, key contract negotiations, outsourcing arrangements
- Consult and implement any back-office implications of business development and outsourcing
- Manage external relationship with local audit firms
- Oversight the Transfer Pricing Report preparation
- Leads supports and coaches the accounting team to successfully achieve common objectives.
- Is responsible for individual and team performance management and development
- Ensures that each employee has clear and aligned objectives, a development plan to improve technical and soft skills through targeted training and on the job learning
- Develops career plans for high potential individuals and seeks development opportunities inside and outside country through targeted projects
To succeed in the Financial Controller job, you should have excellent people management skills – delegates easily, deals with problem direct reports in a timely manner.
- Fluent in Thai and English
- University degree in accounting, business, or related field
- CPA / MBA is a plus
- Proven experience of taking a finance department forward, driving change and improving control
- Experience of working within Financial Operations, SOX , documents control frameworks
- Experience of producing results through others
- SAP and Microsoft Office literacy
- Good financial acumen and ability to challenge/ investigate
- Good operational finance and process improvement skills
- Excellent analytical ability
- Up to date on USGAAP/ IFRS accounting standards
- Deals easily with ambiguity and can effectively cope with change
- High learning agility
- Ability to work effectively across virtual networks
This leading pharmaceutical firm has an outstanding international reputation in its field and this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in its development.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Financial Controller - ASEAN/Thailand job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551