Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Supamas Thanyakunakornsakul
Date posted 07 May 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A leading international trading business is seeking a high-calibre Financial Controller in Bangkok to support the expansion in the South East Asia.
About the Financial Controller Role:
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will take the lead of overall accounting and finance transactions.
- Responsible for reporting the income statement and balance sheet for the legal entity, to internal and external parties
- Ensure that monthly, quarterly and yearly reports are correct, complete and on time both IFRS and local package
- Ensure compliance with company's accounting policy and local statutory accounting standards
- Ownership of the finance process in the ERP system and other finance-related software
- Responsible for corporate tax compliance
- Responsible for implementing, maintaining and monitoring secure internal control procedures
- Prepare and present financial information at board meetings
- Responsible for implementing a solid collection routine and policy for the legal entity
- Good internal control environment in order to protect the BU’s assets and to make sure that financial reporting and accounting matters are in accordance with local statutory accounting principles
- Manage HR function to comply with HR global policy and Thai labour law
To succeed in this role, you will need to manage the audit process, including corrective actions in response to findings for the legal entity.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Possess continuing professional development license (CPD) is a must (CPA preferable)
- Experience ERP system or implementation accounting system
- Excellent understanding of accounting and local tax
- Knowledge and work experience in Thai statutory of GAAP and IFRS
- Good organisation and team management skills
- Willingness and ability to suggest new ideas and process improvements
- High energy level, proactive and comfortable performing multifaceted initiatives
This company is much more than trading and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Financial Controller with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.